Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Philosophy of Religion Essay Assignment
- Truth Trees booklet
- Categorical Logic booklet (deductive logic)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Valid Arguments, Tautologies and Formal Fallacies (deductive logic)
- Truth Tables booklet (deductive logic)
- Banning Religion - An interesting hypothetical
- Rebuilding before retreating
- On the cusp of [political] greatness
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Bannon’s Deviant ‘Badge of Honor’
- You Can’t Put Frederick Douglass in Chains
- Why Are We Surprised When Buddhists Are Violent?
- James Bond Is a Wimp
- What We Owe to Others: Simone Weil’s Radical Reminder
- Who First Showed Us That Black Lives Matter?
- The ‘Killer Robots’ Are Us
- What Is the Future of Speculative Journalism?
- Will America Choose King’s Dream or Trump’s Nightmare?
- Keep Our Mountains Free. And Dangerous.
- Blockchain platforms can enable good work
- Museum Conservation and 21st Century Education
- Anchors Aweigh: Universities and local industrial strategies
- The Non Sense of Work Life Balance
- The rights of people with a disability are being ignored – what can we do?
- Bringing classical music to a new audience
- The power of creative thinking
- Regulation of AI: Not if but when and how
- Norwich’s coffee house challenge
- 21st Century Coffeehouse
- Babies Can Think Logically before They Learn to Talk
- Brain Scans May Predict Optimal Mental Health Treatments
- What Monkeys Can Teach Us about Advertising
- The Elusive Theory of Everything
- Why We Choose Ill-Matched Romantic Partners (And How to Stop)
- Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?
- When Do Favors Expire?
- Unlock the Learning Power of Baby Babbling
- New Tech Options are Helping Seniors Age in Place
- "For Whatever Reasons"
- What we can do about the culture of hate | Sally Kohn
- "my mama" / "BLACK BANANA" | Rei
- Why must artists be poor? | Hadi Eldebek
- The Great Migration and the power of a single decision | Isabel Wilkerson
- 3 myths about the future of work (and why they're not true) | Daniel Susskind
- How to inspire every child to be a lifelong reader | Alvin Irby
- What a world without prisons could look like | Deanna Van Buren
- The radical beauty of Africa, in portraits | Iké Udé
- The best way to help is often just to listen | Sophie Andrews
- To solve the world's biggest problems, invest in women and girls | Musimbi Kanyoro
March 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 26 27 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links