Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- What is the link between language and consciousness?
- The value of subjective experience (or not)
- Free will and mobile phones
- A Critical Thinking Matrix
- The Skills, Values and Virtues of Inquiry
- Science and art from Dilbert
- Why would anyone believe the Earth is flat?
- Dilbert on Zeno
- We can’t trust common sense but we can trust science
- What does it mean to think and could a machine ever do it?
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Some useful tips on how to raise an argumentative child
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Some important tools of critical thinking
- Embiggen books ppt
- Vilayanur Ramachandran: A journey to the center of your mind
- Just think: it's important
- Logic in conversation
- Causation booklet
- Inductive Reasoning booklet
- Failing the Turing Test
- David Papineau on Scientific Realism
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc or False Cause - Correlation does not imply causation
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Including males critical to the State of Women
- From Shareholder to Stakeholder
- Trusteeship in the Harmony of Nature
- Making the most of crowdfunding
- Blooming teachers
- The Future ‘Good University’
- Were Presidential Tears in Vain?
- Article: Reinventing Social Innovation Contests
- Article: A Networking Approach to Innovation
- Blog: Project Managing Policy Change
- Donald Trump's Real Ambition
- Straight Lines That Curve, Circles That Twist and Other Mind-Bending Illusions
- Should Grit Be Taught and Tested in School?
- How to Reduce Police Violence
- Toddlers Learn Words Poorly in Noisy Environments
- Tail Docking and Ear Cropping Affect Dogs, and Not Just Physically
- The Brain Sees Faces Everywhere
- Hormone Therapy May Not Prevent Postmenopausal Brain Fog
- MIND in Pictures: The Zika Virus
- How the Brain Builds Memory Chains
- How trees talk to each other | Suzanne Simard
- Baby diapers inspired this new way to study the brain | Ed Boyden
- How the Panama Papers journalists broke the biggest leak in history | Gerard Ryle
- A project of peace, painted across 50 buildings | eL Seed
- A forgotten Space Age technology could change how we grow food | Lisa Dyson
- My love letter to cosplay | Adam Savage
- How to grow a forest in your backyard | Shubhendu Sharma
- Nature is everywhere -- we just need to learn to see it | Emma Marris
- What will be the next big scientific breakthrough? | Eric Haseltine
- 3 lessons on success from an Arab businesswoman | Leila Hoteit
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links