Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Can We Choose To Believe Something?
- Honesty and Charity in Arguments
- A Useful Introduction to Critical Thinking Skills
- Whose brain is it? Consciousness, free will and the brain.
- John Cleese on the good bits of philosophy
- Plato - The Republic
- Sample persuasive essay
- Philosophy in Senior Schools
- Philosophy of Religion - Problem of Suffering
- Hume's Problem of Induction
- Exercises using truth tables or trees for validity worksheet
- Dilbert Confirmation Bias
- Zen in the modern age
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- TED: Susan Etlinger: What do we do with all this big data? - Susan Etlinger (2014)
- TED: Kitra Cahana: My father, locked in his body but soaring free - Kitra Cahana (2014)
- TED: Melissa Fleming: Let’s help refugees thrive, not just survive - Melissa Fleming (2014)
- TED: Jorge Soto: The future of early cancer detection? - Jorge Soto (2014)
- TED: Myriam Sidibe: The simple power of hand-washing - Myriam Sidibe (2014)
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links