Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Philosophy of Religion - Unit Exam
- Why do humans reason? Arguments for an argumentative theory
- Free Will vs the Programmed Brain
- Civics should be a class act
- Exercises using truth tables or trees for validity worksheet
- Australian Skeptics
- South Australian Syllabus
- QSA Science ppt
- Pride in the past isn't necessarily a lost cause
- A Wolf in Sheep's Lab Coat - Pseudoscience in the 21st Century
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Reclaiming the Power of Play
- What’s Wrong With Inequality?
- What, Exactly, Do You Want?
- Kwame Anthony Appiah: The Complexities of Black Folk
- Philosophy Returns to the Real World
- Asian, American, Woman, Philosopher
- Being There: Heidegger on Why Our Presence Matters
- Why God Is a Moral Issue
- Noam Chomsky on the Roots of American Racism
- Should Philosophers Be Loners?
- Protests & Violence
- Information Immortality
- Who is Responsible for a Living Wage?
- Are Animals People?
- Doing Crimes in Future Times…with Drones
- Should the State Forbid Buying with Food Stamps?
- A Shooting in South Carolina
- Corporations Are Being Denied Freedom of Expression & Religion!
- Is Baking a Gay Wedding Cake an Endorsement of Same-Sex Marriage?
- Should there be a waiting period for abortion?
- Unsupervised Habits Reign in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Hit the Gym after Studying to Boost Recall
- New Book Explores the Zombie Brain
- Gut Feelings--the "Second Brain" in Our Gastrointestinal Systems [Excerpt]
- Who Should Get a Brain Scan for Alzheimer’s?
- May/June 2015 <i>Scientific American Mind</i> News Ticker
- Parkinson's Pen Vibrates to Improve Legibility
- The Perks of Being a Female Scientist
- Test for Alzheimer's Risk Shows Promise
- Infants Already Glued to Multiple Screens
- Alice Goffman: How we're priming some kids for college — and others for prison
- Sophie Scott: Why we laugh
- Greg Gage: How to control someone else's arm with your brain
- Nick Bostrom: What happens when our computers get smarter than we are?
- Nizar Ibrahim: How we unearthed the spinosaurus
- Clint Smith: How to raise a black son in America
- Chris Milk: How virtual reality can create the ultimate empathy machine
- Jedidah Isler: How I fell in love with quasars, blazars and our incredible universe
- Gary Haugen: The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address now
- Nathalie Cabrol: How Mars might hold the secret to the origin of life
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links