(Uploaded by Theo Clark.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- What Democracy is not...
- Rebuilding before retreating
- STEM conference
- Top Ten Evolution Myths - and how we know it really happened (pdf)
- Cognitive Dissonance Explained
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 1 & 2)
- FAPSA - Federation of Australian Philosophy in Schools Associations
- What Price for a Human Life?
- Obese Child Removed from Parent Care
- UNESCO's Philosophy Portal
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Can Torture Ever Be Moral?
- What, To the Black American, Is Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
- What’s Wrong With ‘All Lives Matter’?
- Why Life Is Absurd
- A Postcard From Paris
- Against Invulnerability
- Black Lives: Between Grief and Action
- Should We Believe in Santa Claus?
- Free the Philosophical Beast
- Did Salaita Cross the Line of ‘Civility’?
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Community Venturing – Is it Business Venturing?
- The best candidate will (probably) be disabled
- Heritage Exchange 2014: Forging the next generation of heritage thinking
- Unlocking human capital
- New Technologies Track Our Eyes—And Read Our Minds
- Climate Influences Language Evolution
- Unconscious Thought Not So Smart after All
- Molecular Clocks throughout Body, Not Just Brain, Keep Tissues Humming
- As Cuba–U.S. Relations Thaw, Medical Researchers Still Struggle to Connect
- Genetic Memory: How We Know Things We Never Learned
- Why Do Dogs Love Snow?
- Without Friends or Family, even Extraordinary Experiences are Disappointing
- Magnetic Stimulation May Halt Rumination in Depression
- The Secret to Raising Smart Kids
- TED: Severine Autesserre: To solve mass violence, look to locals - Severine Autesserre (2014)
- TED: Miguel Nicolelis: Brain-to-brain communication has arrived. How we did it - Miguel Nicolelis (2014)
- TED: Morgana Bailey: The danger of hiding who you are - Morgana Bailey (2014)
- TED: Joe Madiath: Better toilets, better life - Joe Madiath (2014)
- TED: Sarah Bergbreiter: Why I make robots the size of a grain of rice - Sarah Bergbreiter (2014)
- TED: Matthieu Ricard: How to let altruism be your guide - Matthieu Ricard (2014)
- TED: Cristina Domenech: Poetry that frees the soul - Cristina Domenech (2014)
- TED: Robert Muggah: How to protect fast-growing cities from failing - Robert Muggah (2014)
- TED: Robert Swan: Let's save the last pristine continent - Robert Swan (2014)
- TED: Navi Radjou: Creative problem-solving in the face of extreme limits - Navi Radjou (2014)