(Uploaded by Theo Clark.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Can We Choose To Believe Something?
- Honesty and Charity in Arguments
- A Useful Introduction to Critical Thinking Skills
- Whose brain is it? Consciousness, free will and the brain.
- The Tale of the Slave
- 10 Philosophical Principles
- Do Subatomic Particles have Free Will?
- General philosophy essay marking criteria
- Alternative Medicine - Sincerity no substitute for evidence
- A Utilitarian Decision - Sacrifice Lives to Save Lives
- 20 Awesomely Untranslatable Words from Around the World
- Socratic questioning
- Mill, John Stuart - On Liberty
- Six 'Uniquely Human' Characteristics Now Found in Animals
- Ethical Theory for absolute beginners
- Ockham's Razor
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- TED: Ajit Narayanan: A word game to communicate in any language - Ajit Narayanan (2013)
- TED: Manu Prakash: A 50-cent microscope that folds like origami - Manu Prakash (2012)
- TED: Gabe Barcia-Colombo: My DNA vending machine - Gabriel Barcia-Colombo (2013)
- TED: Christopher Soghoian: Government surveillance — this is just the beginning - Christopher Soghoian (2013)
- TED: Philip Evans: How data will transform business - Philip Evans (2013)