Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Can We Choose To Believe Something?
- Honesty and Charity in Arguments
- A Useful Introduction to Critical Thinking Skills
- Whose brain is it? Consciousness, free will and the brain.
- The Tale of the Slave
- 10 Philosophical Principles
- The Fallacy of Deepest Offence
- Philosophy Graduate Abilities
- Fallacies Poster
- What Truth Doesn’t Mean
- Failing the Turing Test
- Hypothesis forming excercise
- Hypothesis booklet
- When bad consequences are predicted but are permissible if a good consequence is intended.
- Society vs the Family - religious beliefs and medical need
- Pseudoscience - miracle cure
- Hume, David - Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion
- Philosophy of Religion booklet
- Where should paedophiles live
- Logic, Knowledge Systems and World Views
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Friday Weird Science: What's your fart volume?
- Why Do Top Athletes Suddenly Develop the Yips --a Tendency to Choke under Pressure?
- #SciAmBlogs Friday - quantum computing, rationalilty, armed Treebeard, Giant African Land Snails, invasive ladybugs, and more.
- Vision is all about change
- MIND Reviews: The Autistic Brain
- TED: Sergey Brin: Why Google Glass? - Sergey Brin (2013)
- TED: Jay Silver: Hack a banana, make a keyboard! - Jay Silver (2013)
- TED: Liu Bolin: The invisible man - Liu Bolin (2013)
- TED: Maria Bezaitis: The surprising need for strangeness - Maria Bezaitis (2013)
- TED: Meg Jay: Why 30 is not the new 20 - Meg Jay (2013)
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links