(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- Teaching the nature of science (and keeping students engaged)
- Truth Tables booklet (deductive logic)
- Fallacies Poster
- Characteristics of a Good Hypothesis
- Language as a Window into Human Nature
- Psychological Egoism powerpoint
- The Mind Body Problem
- General philosophy essay marking criteria
- The Tale of the Slave
- Universal intelligence: One test to rule them all
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- I Am a Dangerous Professor
- Fake News and the Internet Shell Game
- At Standing Rock and Beyond, What Is to Be Done?
- There Is No Such Thing as ‘Nonconsensual Sex.’ It’s Violence.
- What’s the Use of Regret?
- Trump’s Racial Time Machine
- On Election Eve, a Brexistential Dread
- Beyond Lying: Donald Trump’s Authoritarian Reality
- We Don’t Need a ‘War’ on Climate Change, We Need a Revolution
- On the Trail of Interdependence
- 9 Ways to Deal with Adult Bullies and Mean Girls
- Researchers Baffled by Nationalist Surge
- Remember Pearl Harbor? Maybe....
- A Surprising New Way to Encourage Healthy Eating
- Your Pun-Divided Attention: How the Brain Processes Wordplay
- The Christmastime Suicide Myth
- Post-Truth: A Guide for the Perplexed
- This Holiday Season, Spend on Doing Rather Than Having
- Social-Media Hype about Diseases and Treatments Does Patients No Favors
- These Greek Villagers Whistle to Chat
- What I learned from 100 days of rejection | Jia Jiang
- Let's clean up the space junk orbiting Earth | Natalie Panek
- A queer vision of love and marriage | Kim Katrin Milan / Tiq Milan
- 4 larger-than-life lessons from soap operas | Kate Adams
- How an old loop of railroads is changing the face of a city | Ryan Gravel
- Maps that show us who we are (not just where we are) | Danny Dorling
- An interview with the founders of Black Lives Matter | Mia Birdsong / Patrisse Cullors / Opal Tometi / Alicia Garza
- We need nuclear power to solve climate change | Joe Lassiter
- How to speak up for yourself | Adam Galinsky
- What will humans look like in 100 years? | Juan Enriquez