(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- If you've nothing to hide.....Secrecy and the Open Society
- Post hoc ergo propter hoc or False Cause - Correlation does not imply causation
- STAQ ppt presentation
- Zen in the modern age
- When to lead and when to follow
- Philosophy of Science
- Can We Choose To Believe Something?
- Numbers and Language
- Causation booklet
- Dilbert Confirmation Bias
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Being There: Heidegger on Why Our Presence Matters
- Why God Is a Moral Issue
- Noam Chomsky on the Roots of American Racism
- Should Philosophers Be Loners?
- Unraveling the Church Ban on Gay Sex
- The German Silence on Israel, and Its Cost
- Why Our Children Don’t Think There Are Moral Facts
- How Liberalism and Racism Are Wed
- Outing A.I.: Beyond the Turing Test
- What Alabama’s Roy Moore Got Right
- Women: the competitive advantage?
- Unlocking Migrants’ Confidence
- Positive about local government
- Creativity and new manufacturing
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Poverty Shrinks Brains from Birth
- Quit Smoking in Your Sleep
- Economic Inequality: It’s Far Worse Than You Think
- Exercises Improve Memory in Older Adults
- Self-Control: The Secret to Life’s Successes
- How the Brain Makes Memories
- Memories May Not Live in Neurons’ Synapses
- Human Brain Project Needs a Rethink
- Cord-Blood Research Sits Poised for Therapeutic Discovery
- App Review: Concussion Coach
- Daniel Kish: How I use sonar to navigate the world
- Alison Killing: There’s a better way to die, and architecture can help
- Dame Stephanie Shirley: Why do ambitious women have flat heads?
- Theaster Gates: How to revive a neighborhood: with imagination, beauty and art
- Dave Isay: Everyone around you has a story the world needs to hear
- Anand Giridharadas: A tale of two Americas. And the mini-mart where they collided
- Fei-Fei Li: How we're teaching computers to understand pictures
- Monica Lewinsky: The price of shame
- Joseph DeSimone: What if 3D printing was 100x faster?
- David Eagleman: Can we create new senses for humans?