(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Why would anyone believe the Earth is flat?
- Dilbert on Zeno
- We can’t trust common sense but we can trust science
- What does it mean to think and could a machine ever do it?
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Some useful tips on how to raise an argumentative child
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Religion is not a state obligation
- Ethical Dilemmas in Science
- The Changing Climate of Skepticism
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 3 & 4)
- Straw man fallacy from Dilbert
- Rebuilding before retreating
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The web means the end of forgetting - an essay on forgetting, re-invention and personal identity in the age of Facebook
- Social Philosophy booklet
- Free Will and the Mob
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Irrationality of Natural Life Sentences
- Girlfriend, Mother, Professor?
- Making Peace With Violence: Camus in Algeria
- What Do We Owe Each Other?
- How You Justified 10 Lies (or Didn’t)
- Nothing Remains: David Bowie’s Vision of Love
- When Philosophy Lost Its Way
- This Land Is Your Land. Or Is It?
- Accepting the Past, Facing the Future
- Guns and Racism
- Autism: Sorting Fact from Fiction
- Blog: Solving the right problem
- Article: Disengagement
- Reducing emissions a good thing, but not the right thing
- Article: NATO and the Judgement of Paris
- Blog: Come out of the spiritual closet
- Article: Partnerships for 21st century development in Africa
- Article: Changing Our Models of Change
- Blog: Loyalty. Or Dependency?
- Blog: Refugee crisis highlights deeper EU challenge
- Super Bowl Sunday's Food Needs Work
- New Estimate Boosts the Human Brain's Memory Capacity 10-Fold
- The Mind Behind PBS's Brain Series
- Can Our Minds Live Forever?
- Coming Out Trans: 1 Man's Experience
- The Hidden Harm of Antidepressants
- How Winning Leads to Cheating
- Superior Face Recognition: A Very Special Super Power
- Antioxidant Use Still Small Mixed Bag
- 9 Things You Probably Didn't Know about Sigmund Freud
- Special Olympics let me be myself -- a champion | Matthew Williams
- How we'll fight the next deadly virus | Pardis Sabeti
- A simple way to break a bad habit | Judson Brewer
- How I found a mythical boiling river in the Amazon | Andrés Ruzo
- A delightful way to teach kids about computers | Linda Liukas
- Our campaign to ban plastic bags in Bali | Melati and Isabel Wijsen
- A robot that runs and swims like a salamander | Auke Ijspeert
- Should you be able to patent a human gene? | Tania Simoncelli
- Glow-in-the-dark sharks and other stunning sea creatures | David Gruber
- Capitalism will eat democracy -- unless we speak up | Yanis Varoufakis