(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- Philosophy of Religion website
- Universal intelligence: One test to rule them all
- General philosophy essay marking criteria
- Indian High Court Rules Astrology is a Science
- International Baccalaureate Theory of Knowledge essay titles
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 1 & 2)
- Language as a Window into Human Nature
- Where should paedophiles live
- The power of the non sequitur
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Why Our Children Don’t Think There Are Moral Facts
- How Liberalism and Racism Are Wed
- Outing A.I.: Beyond the Turing Test
- What Alabama’s Roy Moore Got Right
- Executing Them Softly
- Philosophy’s Lost Body and Soul
- How to Be a Stoic
- Can Torture Ever Be Moral?
- What, To the Black American, Is Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
- What’s Wrong With ‘All Lives Matter’?
- Robo Responsibility
- Spinoza, Self Help and Agency
- Could Black Panther be White?
- For Better or Worse Reasoning Free on Amazon 2/23/2015-2/27/2015
- Debating the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Ransoms & Hostages
- Are Anti-Vaccination People Stupid?
- Should You Attend a For-Profit College?
- Augmented Soldier Ethics III: Pharmaceuticals
- Obesity, Disability & Accommodation
- Positive about local government
- Unlocking Migrants’ Confidence
- Creativity and new manufacturing
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Community Venturing – Is it Business Venturing?
- Pain Cases May Usher Brain Scans into the Courtroom
- Two Natural Philosophers Discuss the Mind
- An Optical Illusion As Seen By a Fish
- Rubbery Glass, Zero-Gravity Life and More: <em>Scientific American</em>’s March Issue
- Why Julianne Moore and Taylor Swift See That Dress Differently
- "Big Brain" Gene Allowed for Evolutionary Expansion of Our Neocortex
- On Our Book Shelf: Editors' Picks
- Alzheimer’s Diagnostic Tests Inch Forward, but Treatments Are Still Lacking
- Microbes in the Gut Are Essential to Our Well-Being
- Do Spayed and Neutered Dogs Get Cancer More Often?
- Helder Guimarães: A magical search for a coincidence
- Ben Wellington: How we found the worst place to park in New York City -- using big data
- Romina Libster: The power of herd immunity
- Khalida Brohi: How I work to protect women from honor killings
- Rob Knight: How our microbes make us who we are
- James A. White Sr.: The little problem I had renting a house
- Angelo Vermeulen: How to go to space, without having to go to space
- Laura Boushnak: For these women, reading is a daring act
- Nadine Burke Harris: How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime
- Guy Winch: Why we all need to practice emotional first aid