(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Intelligent Design - the Myth of Irreducible Complexity
- Philosophy of Mind website
- Philosophy of Religion - Richard Dawkins' rejection of the argument from design
- Should we seek a perfect world?
- Nietzsche, Friedrich - Beyond Good and Evil
- Animal Actors - Animal Rights, Human Perceptions
- Socratic questioning
- Universal intelligence: One test to rule them all
- Top Ten Evolution Myths - and how we know it really happened (pdf)
- Humbug! The skeptic's fieldguide to spotting fallacies in thinking
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Kwame Anthony Appiah: The Complexities of Black Folk
- Philosophy Returns to the Real World
- Asian, American, Woman, Philosopher
- Being There: Heidegger on Why Our Presence Matters
- Why God Is a Moral Issue
- Noam Chomsky on the Roots of American Racism
- Should Philosophers Be Loners?
- Unraveling the Church Ban on Gay Sex
- The German Silence on Israel, and Its Cost
- Why Our Children Don’t Think There Are Moral Facts
- Should the State Forbid Buying with Food Stamps?
- A Shooting in South Carolina
- Corporations Are Being Denied Freedom of Expression & Religion!
- Is Baking a Gay Wedding Cake an Endorsement of Same-Sex Marriage?
- Should there be a waiting period for abortion?
- Little Assassins
- Teleowork of the Future
- Does Religious Freedom Justify Discrimination?
- The University as a Money Funnel
- The Confederacy, License Plates & Free Speech
- Readers Respond to “Burnout,” Emotional Control and More
- Learning to Make a Stone Age Axe Gives Clues to How the Brain Evolved
- Is the Gaze from Those Big Puppy Eyes the Look of Your Doggie's Love?
- Mad Science: The Treatment of Mental Illness Fails to Progress [Excerpt]
- Lost Penguin Chicks Try To Find Their Way Home
- Are Social Daydreams Related to Well-Being?
- Is Spring Fever Real? – Instant Egghead #68
- Can Infection Give You the Blues?
- Pregnancy-Related Diabetes Has Possible Link to Autism
- Childhood Trauma Linked to High Blood Pressure Later in Life
- Nathalie Cabrol: How Mars might hold the secret to the origin of life
- Paul Tudor Jones II: Why we need to rethink capitalism
- Takaharu Tezuka: The best kindergarten you’ve ever seen
- Kailash Satyarthi: How to make peace? Get angry
- Barat Ali Batoor: My desperate journey with a human smuggler
- Fred Jansen: How to land on a comet
- Dan Ariely: How equal do we want the world to be? You'd be surprised
- Eduardo Sáenz de Cabezón: Math is forever
- Bel Pesce: 5 ways to kill your dreams
- Bill Gates: The next outbreak? We’re not ready