(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- What Truth Doesn't Mean
- Whose brain is it? Consciousness, free will and the brain.
- Language and Thought
- Is Mathematics Discovered or Invented?
- Free Will and the Mob
- The quest for Renassaince Man
- Australia is just like Switzerland
- Tackling the Problem of Free Will
- Anecdotal Evidence cartoon
- Blasphemy and Public Policy
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Peter Singer: On Racism, Animal Rights and Human Rights
- Getting It Right
- What Can We Do About Climate Change?
- Making It Explicit in Israel
- Molefi Kete Asante: Why Afrocentricity?
- The Conference Manifesto
- Reclaiming the Power of Play
- What’s Wrong With Inequality?
- What, Exactly, Do You Want?
- Kwame Anthony Appiah: The Complexities of Black Folk
- An Octopus That Can "See" with Its Skin
- Cruel Experiments on Infant Monkeys Still Happen All the Time--That Needs to Stop
- What Makes Food Taste So Good?
- What Your Pet Reveals about You
- Don't Overthink It, Less Is More When It Comes to Creativity
- Bionic Arm Taps New Part of Brain for Smooth Moves
- What Is Impostor Syndrome?
- Alzheimer's Origins Tied to Rise of Human Intelligence
- Seizures in Elderly Cats
- The 2 Faces of Narcissism: Admiration Seeking and Rivalry
- Sara Seager: The search for planets beyond our solar system
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied: What does my headscarf mean to you?
- Jeffrey Brown: How we cut youth violence in Boston by 79 percent
- Chris Burkard: The joy of surfing in ice-cold water
- Esther Perel: Rethinking infidelity ... a talk for anyone who has ever loved
- Steven Wise: Chimps have feelings and thoughts. They should also have rights
- Cosmin Mihaiu: Physical therapy is boring -- play a game instead
- Martine Rothblatt: My daughter, my wife, our robot, and the quest for immortality
- The Lady Lifers: A moving song from women in prison for life
- Roman Mars: Why city flags may be the worst-designed thing you've never noticed