From New Scientist magazine.
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- Plato and Aristotle from 'The School of Athens'
- Inductive Reasoning booklet
- Should The Great Apes Have Rights?
- Kant, Immanuel (1724-1804) - Critique of Practical Reason
- Anecdotal Evidence cartoon
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 3 & 4)
- Where's the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Philosophy of Religion
- New Scientist website
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Will America Choose King’s Dream or Trump’s Nightmare?
- Keep Our Mountains Free. And Dangerous.
- Can We Learn to Believe in God?
- Waking Up to the Gift of ‘Aliveness’
- Gratitude: In Sickness and Health
- For Veterans, a Path to Healing ‘Moral Injury’
- In Dark Times, ‘Dirty Hands’ Can Still Do Good
- Drawing a Line in the ‘Gay Wedding Cake’ Case
- The Climate Crisis? It’s Capitalism, Stupid
- An Open Letter of Love to Kim Jong-un
- Anchors Aweigh: Universities and local industrial strategies
- The Non Sense of Work Life Balance
- The rights of people with a disability are being ignored – what can we do?
- Bringing classical music to a new audience
- The power of creative thinking
- Regulation of AI: Not if but when and how
- Norwich’s coffee house challenge
- 21st Century Coffeehouse
- The Emotional Hedge
- Dignity, resilience, vision: the value in creative practice
- Okay, So Some Dogs Eat Poop
- Illusions from the National Archives in New York City
- 5 Body Hacks to Instantly Calm Overwhelming Emotion
- Trump's "Fake News Awards" Are Both Absurd and Dangerous
- Why People Dislike Really Smart Leaders
- The Brain's Marauder's Map
- Why Are Some People More Creative Than Others?
- Darker Skies, Darker Behaviors
- Experimental Huntington's Therapy Shows Promise in a Small Trial
- The Prevalence of Autism in the U.S. Appears Steady
- What comes after tragedy? Forgiveness | Azim Khamisa and Ples Felix
- Want to change the world? Start by being brave enough to care | Cleo Wade
- See how the rest of the world lives, organized by income | Anna Rosling Rönnlund
- American bipartisan politics can be saved -- here's how | Bob Inglis
- The hidden role informal caregivers play in health care | Scott Williams
- Talk about your death while you're still healthy | Michelle Knox
- The search for "aha!" moments | Matt Goldman
- How to put the power of law in people's hands | Vivek Maru
- A one-man musical phenomenon | Jacob Collier
- Want to be more creative? Go for a walk | Marily Oppezzo
January 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4