Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Free Will vs the Programmed Brain
- Honesty and Charity in Arguments
- Six 'Uniquely Human' Characteristics Now Found in Animals
- The dilemma of giving
- Portal: Mind and brain
- QSA Science ppt
- Critical Thinking beautifully explained
- Religion is not a state obligation
- Learn to be Psychic in 10 Easy Lessons
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Can Torture Ever Be Moral?
- What, To the Black American, Is Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
- What’s Wrong With ‘All Lives Matter’?
- Why Life Is Absurd
- A Postcard From Paris
- Against Invulnerability
- Black Lives: Between Grief and Action
- Should We Believe in Santa Claus?
- Free the Philosophical Beast
- Did Salaita Cross the Line of ‘Civility’?
- The Impossible, the Improbable, the Flash & the Hobbit
- What is the Worst Thing You Should (Be Allowed to) Say?
- Should Two Year Colleges Be Free?
- Is Everyone a Little Bit Racist?
- Group Responsibility
- A Bubble of Digits
- Student Evaluations of Faculty
- Of Lies & Disagreements
- Education & Gainful Employment
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Community Venturing – Is it Business Venturing?
- The best candidate will (probably) be disabled
- Heritage Exchange 2014: Forging the next generation of heritage thinking
- Unlocking human capital
- Review: Your Brain
- Kids Sustain 240 Head Hits on Average During Football Season
- Calisthenics for a Child's Mind
- Super Bowl Success May Go to Late-Risers
- New Technologies Track Our Eyes—And Read Our Minds
- Climate Influences Language Evolution
- Unconscious Thought Not So Smart after All
- Molecular Clocks throughout Body, Not Just Brain, Keep Tissues Humming
- As Cuba–U.S. Relations Thaw, Medical Researchers Still Struggle to Connect
- Genetic Memory: How We Know Things We Never Learned
- TED: Bassam Tariq: The beauty and diversity of Muslim life - Bassam Tariq (2014)
- TED: Khadija Gbla: My mother’s strange definition of empowerment - Khadija Gbla (2014)
- TED: Severine Autesserre: To solve mass violence, look to locals - Severine Autesserre (2014)
- TED: Miguel Nicolelis: Brain-to-brain communication has arrived. How we did it - Miguel Nicolelis (2014)
- TED: Morgana Bailey: The danger of hiding who you are - Morgana Bailey (2014)
- TED: Joe Madiath: Better toilets, better life - Joe Madiath (2014)
- TED: Sarah Bergbreiter: Why I make robots the size of a grain of rice - Sarah Bergbreiter (2014)
- TED: Matthieu Ricard: How to let altruism be your guide - Matthieu Ricard (2014)
- TED: Cristina Domenech: Poetry that frees the soul - Cristina Domenech (2014)
- TED: Robert Muggah: How to protect fast-growing cities from failing - Robert Muggah (2014)