Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Ability to Think Scientifically Declines as Kids Grow Up
- Heads I Win - A study of persitence of belief by Tim van Gelder
- Victorian Philosophy Syllabus
- Categorical Logic booklet (deductive logic)
- Hypothesis booklet
- What Price for a Human Life?
- Imagining the Tenth Dimension
- Censorship II
- Philosophical Zombies
- Critical Thinking - An Introduction (Alec Fisher)
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Peter Singer: On Racism, Animal Rights and Human Rights
- Getting It Right
- What Can We Do About Climate Change?
- Making It Explicit in Israel
- Molefi Kete Asante: Why Afrocentricity?
- The Conference Manifesto
- Reclaiming the Power of Play
- What’s Wrong With Inequality?
- What, Exactly, Do You Want?
- Kwame Anthony Appiah: The Complexities of Black Folk
- An Octopus That Can "See" with Its Skin
- Cruel Experiments on Infant Monkeys Still Happen All the Time--That Needs to Stop
- What Makes Food Taste So Good?
- What Your Pet Reveals about You
- Don't Overthink It, Less Is More When It Comes to Creativity
- Bionic Arm Taps New Part of Brain for Smooth Moves
- What Is Impostor Syndrome?
- Alzheimer's Origins Tied to Rise of Human Intelligence
- Seizures in Elderly Cats
- The 2 Faces of Narcissism: Admiration Seeking and Rivalry
- Sara Seager: The search for planets beyond our solar system
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied: What does my headscarf mean to you?
- Jeffrey Brown: How we cut youth violence in Boston by 79 percent
- Chris Burkard: The joy of surfing in ice-cold water
- Esther Perel: Rethinking infidelity ... a talk for anyone who has ever loved
- Steven Wise: Chimps have feelings and thoughts. They should also have rights
- Cosmin Mihaiu: Physical therapy is boring -- play a game instead
- Martine Rothblatt: My daughter, my wife, our robot, and the quest for immortality
- The Lady Lifers: A moving song from women in prison for life
- Roman Mars: Why city flags may be the worst-designed thing you've never noticed
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links