Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- Can science answer questions about morality?
- The Mind Body Problem
- What Price for a Human Life?
- Continental bid to remove veil in the face of Islamic extremism
- How Science Works
- Propositional Logic - Translating and Symbolising (deductive logic)
- Ghost in the Machine
- Plato - The Republic
- STEM conference
- Universal intelligence: One test to rule them all
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Could Black Panther be White?
- For Better or Worse Reasoning Free on Amazon 2/23/2015-2/27/2015
- Debating the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Ransoms & Hostages
- Are Anti-Vaccination People Stupid?
- Should You Attend a For-Profit College?
- Augmented Soldier Ethics III: Pharmaceuticals
- Obesity, Disability & Accommodation
- Should Confederate Veterans be Honored as Veterans?
- Augmented Soldier Ethics II: Informed Consent
- Positive about local government
- Unlocking Migrants’ Confidence
- Creativity and new manufacturing
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Community Venturing – Is it Business Venturing?
- Microbes in the Gut Are Essential to Our Well-Being
- Do Spayed and Neutered Dogs Get Cancer More Often?
- Harsher Punishments for the Obese and Hippies
- Why Don’t You Want to Sing and Dance in Public?
- Misdirected Vengeance Can Still Feel Just
- Is an Optimistic Mind Associated with a Healthy Heart?
- It's Time for More Racial Diversity in STEM Toys
- Will Heavy Drinking Really Cause Forgetfulness?
- When High IQs Hang Out
- Pills that Help Addicts Quit Have a Catch
- Ben Wellington: How we found the worst place to park in New York City -- using big data
- Romina Libster: The power of herd immunity
- Khalida Brohi: How I work to protect women from honor killings
- Rob Knight: How our microbes make us who we are
- James A. White Sr.: The little problem I had renting a house
- Angelo Vermeulen: How to go to space, without having to go to space
- Laura Boushnak: For these women, reading is a daring act
- Nadine Burke Harris: How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime
- Guy Winch: Why we all need to practice emotional first aid
- Hannah Fry: The mathematics of love