Another legend from Dilbert.
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Science and art from Dilbert
- Why would anyone believe the Earth is flat?
- Dilbert on Zeno
- We can’t trust common sense but we can trust science
- What does it mean to think and could a machine ever do it?
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Some useful tips on how to raise an argumentative child
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Dilbert Analogy Cartoon
- John Cleese on the good bits of philosophy
- Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight
- Religion and Ethics
- Analysis of Critical Thinking in Climate Science
- What Democracy is not...
- Top Ten Evolution Myths - and how we know it really happened (pdf)
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Should Everybody Vote?
- The Perils of Being a Black Philosopher
- Is That Even a Thing?
- Philosophizing With Guns
- Socrates, Cynics and Flat-Nailed, Featherless Bipeds
- Is Voting Out of Self-Interest Wrong?
- God Is a Question, Not an Answer
- Exposure: Chernobyl
- The Theater of Violence
- Googling Is Believing: Trumping the Informed Citizen
- Nominations & Democracy
- Modern Philosophy
- Is the Republican Party Doomed?
- A Philosopher’s Blog 2015 on Amazon
- Trump & Abortion
- North Carolina’s Anti-Antidiscrimination Law
- Philosophy & My Old Husky IV: Moral Decisions
- Philosophy & My Old Husky III: Experiments & Studies
- Philosophy & My Old Husky II: Difference & Agreement
- Philosophy & My Old Husky I: Post Hoc & Anecdotal Evidence
- Article: Reinventing Social Innovation Contests
- Article: A Networking Approach to Innovation
- Blog: Project Managing Policy Change
- Putting Morality into Public Policy
- Blog: Statues Wanted! New heroes and heroines
- Blog: So just what should we build? A call for evidence
- Article: A portrait of a life
- From Call The Midwife Poplar to the Citizen’s Charter
- The value of nurture
- Autism: Sorting Fact from Fiction
- Miley Cyrus and Macaroni Combo Enables Brain-Based ID
- The Brain Dictionary
- What Neuroscience Says about Free Will
- Little Scientists: Babies Have Scientific Minds
- Secrets of Successful Parenting
- The Biological Blessings of Friendship
- The Battle over Pain in the Brain
- Trump Culture: Threat, Fear and the Tightening of the American Mind
- Sarcasm Spurs Creative Thinking
- Do Vitamins and Supplements Make Antidepressants More Effective?
- A provocative way to finance the fight against climate change | Michael Metcalfe
- Why I put myself in danger to tell the stories of Gaza | Ameera Harouda
- Insightful human portraits made from data | R. Luke DuBois
- A smart loan for people with no credit history (yet) | Shivani Siroya
- Hunting for dinosaurs showed me our place in the universe | Kenneth Lacovara
- A taboo-free way to talk about periods | Aditi Gupta
- We can reprogram life. How to do it wisely | Juan Enriquez
- Wisdom from great writers on every year of life | Joshua Prager
- TED's secret to great public speaking | Chris Anderson
- The inside story of the Paris climate agreement | Christiana Figueres