Another legend from Dilbert.
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Blasphemy and Public Policy
- Can Science Save its Soul
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Circular Reasoning
- Philosophy of Religion - Richard Dawkins' rejection of the argument from design
- Consciousness - science tackles the self (pdf)
- Jean-Paul Sartre's notion of Bad Faith
- Richard Feynman on the nature of science
- Don't Believe Everything That You Think
- Ethical Dilemmas in Science
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What’s Wrong With Inequality?
- What, Exactly, Do You Want?
- Kwame Anthony Appiah: The Complexities of Black Folk
- Philosophy Returns to the Real World
- Asian, American, Woman, Philosopher
- Being There: Heidegger on Why Our Presence Matters
- Why God Is a Moral Issue
- Noam Chomsky on the Roots of American Racism
- Should Philosophers Be Loners?
- Unraveling the Church Ban on Gay Sex
- Who is Responsible for a Living Wage?
- Are Animals People?
- Doing Crimes in Future Times…with Drones
- Should the State Forbid Buying with Food Stamps?
- A Shooting in South Carolina
- Corporations Are Being Denied Freedom of Expression & Religion!
- Is Baking a Gay Wedding Cake an Endorsement of Same-Sex Marriage?
- Should there be a waiting period for abortion?
- Little Assassins
- Teleowork of the Future
- Wait for It: Delayed Feedback Can Enhance Learning
- Distraction Is Good for Learning, Sometimes
- Book Review: <i>The Nurture Effect</i>
- Thinking about Death Can Make Life Better
- Beyond Shy: Why Some Kids Clam Up in School
- The <i>Opposite</i> Side of the Brain to a Clot is Key to Stroke Rehabilitation
- Money Is Driving a Wedge in Teen Health
- Save One File to Remember the Contents of Another
- How to Stop Biting Your Nails (and Other Nervous Habits)
- Winning SCRABBLE and the Nature of Expertise
- Nizar Ibrahim: How we unearthed the spinosaurus
- Clint Smith: How to raise a black son in America
- Chris Milk: How virtual reality can create the ultimate empathy machine
- Jedidah Isler: How I fell in love with quasars, blazars and our incredible universe
- Gary Haugen: The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address now
- Nathalie Cabrol: How Mars might hold the secret to the origin of life
- Paul Tudor Jones II: Why we need to rethink capitalism
- Takaharu Tezuka: The best kindergarten you’ve ever seen
- Kailash Satyarthi: How to make peace? Get angry
- Barat Ali Batoor: My desperate journey with a human smuggler