Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- A Utilitarian Decision - Sacrifice Lives to Save Lives
- Peace of Mind: Near-Death Experiences Now Found to Have Scientific Explanations
- Documenting the media migration to separate corners
- How Anecdotal Evidence Can Undermine Scientific Results
- Heads I Win - A study of persitence of belief by Tim van Gelder
- The quest for Renassaince Man
- Philosophy of Religion - Unit Exam
- Fallacies of Reasoning booklet
- Scientists and Global Warming (Does the analogy hold?)
- Danger in toxic discourse
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What ‘Snowflakes’ Get Right About Free Speech
- Has Trump Stolen Philosophy’s Critical Tools?
- Was Bo Diddley a Buddha?
- Who Is the Victim in the Anna Stubblefield Case?
- Our Delight in Destruction
- Trump’s Method, Our Madness
- What Our Cells Teach Us About a ‘Natural’ Death
- If We Are Not Just Animals, What Are We?
- Our Forger in Chief
- Humans in Dark Times
- Wanted: Creativity and Empathy hubs
- Where are the female leaders?
- You can lead a horse to bitesize online content, but can you make it learn?
- Government digital strategy – more politics needed
- The Business of Nudging
- How Smart Citizens live
- Modern employment: legislating fast and slow
- Place-Based Leadership
- Let the Doers Act
- The power to communicate
- Conspiracy Theorists May Really Just Be Lonely
- How Gut Bacteria Tell Their Hosts What to Eat
- Cross-Cultural Evidence for the Genetics of Homosexuality
- Why Psychiatry Needs Neuroscience
- Killer Cats Bash Biodiversity
- Making Impossible Objects with Mirrors
- Autism's Drug Problem
- The Brain Can Distinguish between Real and Fake Laughter
- Could a Bone Protein Help Shed Pounds?
- Can Anything Stop My Migraine?
- Why the only future worth building includes everyone | His Holiness Pope Francis
- Science in service to the public good | Siddhartha Roy
- How fake news does real harm | Stephanie Busari
- How I learned to read -- and trade stocks -- in prison | Curtis "Wall Street" Carroll
- A doctor's case for medical marijuana | David Casarett
- A video game to cope with grief | Amy Green
- How radio telescopes show us unseen galaxies | Natasha Hurley-Walker
- How do you build a sacred space? | Siamak Hariri
- We should all be feminists | Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- A simple birth kit for mothers in the developing world | Zubaida Bai
April 2017 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links