Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- Teaching the nature of science (and keeping students engaged)
- STAQ ppt presentation
- When to lead and when to follow
- Philosophy of Religion Essay Assignment
- Direct and Indirect Arguments
- Hypothesis booklet
- Both sides of the debate...
- Sex, brains, robots and Buddhism: looking for free will
- Privacy vs Security
- Why You Don’t Know Your Own Mind
- A Critical Thinking Matrix
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- I’m Black. Does America Have a Plan for My Life?
- Why Do Anything? A Meditation on Procrastination
- Who Is ‘Evil,’ and Who Is the Victim?
- Teaching Calvin in California
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required)
- Why We Never Die
- My Parents’ Mixed Messages on the Holocaust
- Love. Labor. Lost.
- Women Who Love Women Aren’t Tragic
- Against ‘Sustainability’
- Spinal Tap Test Gauges Sports Concussion Severity
- 4 Ways to Be a Better Voter
- What Is Anxiety Sensitivity, and Do I Have It?
- Where Words are Stored: The Brain's Meaning Map
- Doglogbook: Dog Good Technology
- Clever Ants Have Backup Navigation Systems
- Worldwide Brain-Mapping Project Sparks Excitement--and Concern
- Generation Z: Online and at Risk?
- You Smell Sick: Detecting Illness by Scent
- Building a See-Through Brain
- We can fight terror without sacrificing our rights | Rebecca MacKinnon
- The era of personal DNA testing is here | Sebastian Kraves
- Why open a school? To close a prison | Nadia Lopez
- Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid | David Burkus
- Let's make voting fun again | Eric Liu
- Why some people are more altruistic than others | Abigail Marsh
- Architecture that's built to heal | Michael Murphy
- How fear of nuclear power is hurting the environment | Michael Shellenberger
- How to raise successful kids -- without over-parenting | Julie Lythcott-Haims
- The future of money | Neha Narula
Tag Archives: Paul Stronach
A brief explanation of the cosmological argument. Cosmological Argument explanation (ppt) (Uploaded by Paul Stronach.)