Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- The value of subjective experience (or not)
- Free will and mobile phones
- A Critical Thinking Matrix
- The Skills, Values and Virtues of Inquiry
- Science and art from Dilbert
- Why would anyone believe the Earth is flat?
- Dilbert on Zeno
- We can’t trust common sense but we can trust science
- What does it mean to think and could a machine ever do it?
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Some useful tips on how to raise an argumentative child
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Privacy vs Security
- Nietzsche, Friedrich - Beyond Good and Evil
- The Coherentist's Nightmare
- The Changing Climate of Skepticism
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Philosophical Health Check
- The power of the non sequitur
- A Useful Introduction to Critical Thinking Skills
- Continental bid to remove veil in the face of Islamic extremism
- What Truth Doesn't Mean
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- How Should We Respond to ‘Evil’?
- America’s New Normal
- The Violence of Forgetting
- No, He’s Not Hitler. And Yet ...
- Clinging to Our ‘Roots’
- Letter From Austria: Is Europe’s ‘Tolerant Society’ Backfiring?
- Our Crime Against the Planet, and Ourselves
- Consciousness Isn’t a Mystery. It’s Matter.
- If Philosophy Won’t Diversify, Let’s Call It What It Really Is
- Trump, Truth and the Power of Contradiction
- From Shareholder to Stakeholder
- Trusteeship in the Harmony of Nature
- Making the most of crowdfunding
- Blooming teachers
- The Future ‘Good University’
- Were Presidential Tears in Vain?
- Article: Reinventing Social Innovation Contests
- Article: A Networking Approach to Innovation
- Blog: Project Managing Policy Change
- Putting Morality into Public Policy
- Drowsy Driving Kills 6400 Americans Annually
- Brexit and Trump: When Fear Triumphs Over Evidence
- New Books Explore Breaking Habits, AI, Productivity and Enlightenment
- To Diagnose Mental Illness, Read the Brain
- How a Messy Kitchen Might Ruin Your Diet
- Smartphones Won't Make Your Kids Dumb. We Think.
- Optogenetics Lights Up Therapeutic Neuroscience
- How the Computer Beat the Go Player
- Present Fathers Delay Teen Pregnancy
- Psychiatry When You Don't Speak the Language
- How a blind astronomer found a way to hear the stars | Wanda Diaz Merced
- What can we learn from shortcuts? | Tom Hulme
- Who are you, really? The puzzle of personality | Brian Little
- How to fix a broken education system ... without any more money | Seema Bansal
- Why genetic research must be more diverse | Keolu Fox
- I survived a terrorist attack. Here's what I learned | Gill Hicks
- How better tech could protect us from distraction | Tristan Harris
- The birth of virtual reality as an art form | Chris Milk
- This scientist makes ears out of apples | Andrew Pelling
- The secret to effective nonviolent resistance | Jamila Raqib
Tag Archives: Paul Stronach
A brief explanation of the cosmological argument. Cosmological Argument explanation (ppt) (Uploaded by Paul Stronach.)