Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Presocratic Return
- Harley Schwadron’s Cartoon (1)
- How Do You Change Someone’s Mind?
- Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)
- Metaphysical Animals by Clare Mac Cumhaill & Rachael Wiseman and The Women Are Up to Something by Benjamin Lipscomb
- Don’t Look Up
- Aristotle’s Guide To Living Well
- Daisetsu Suzuki (1870-1966)
- The Song of Ulysses
- The Pandemos
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- How Squishy Math Is Revealing Doughnuts in the Brain
- How Gaslighting Manipulates Reality
- Voice Training Is a Medical Necessity for Many Transgender People
- Moral Injury Is an Invisible Epidemic That Affects Millions
- It's Time to Fight Light Pollution
- U.S. Kids Are Falling behind Global Competition, but Brain Science Shows How to Catch Up
- Cockatoos Work to Outsmart Humans in Escalating Garbage Bin Wars
- Why Kids Are Afraid to Ask for Help
- Spiky 'Sleep Spindles' Linked to Acts of Learning
- A Hormone May Boost Cognition in Down Syndrome
- Is there a link between cancer and heart disease? | Nicholas Leeper
- Is the pandemic actually over? It's complicated | Anthony Fauci
- You don't have to leave your neighborhood to live in a better one | Majora Carter
- Your invitation to disrupt philanthropy | Sara Lomelin
- Nuclear power is our best hope to ditch fossil fuels | Isabelle Boemeke
- How dance can unleash your inner joy | Ryan Heffington
- The trick to regaining your childlike wonder | Zach King
- How to lead in the new era of employee activism | Megan Reitz
- The affordable, 3D-printed bionics of the future | Enzo Romero
- The shift we need to stop mass surveillance | Albert Fox Cahn
- September 2022MonTueWedThuFriSatSun29303112345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293012
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links