Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Philosophy Graduate Abilities
- Burka ban a headache for a liberal society
- Philosophy Ideas
- Plato - The Republic
- Aristotle's Ethics
- More, Sir Thomas - Utopia
- FAPSA - Federation of Australian Philosophy in Schools Associations
- Cognitive Dissonance Explained
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- The dilemma of giving
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Pop Stoicism Misses About Ancient Philosophy
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- Listening to a Story Helps Hospitalized Kids Heal
- People Who Jump to Conclusions Show Other Kinds of Thinking Errors
- Large Trial Finds Oxytocin Nasal Spray Is Ineffective for Autism
- Remote Work Can Be Better for Innovation Than In-Person Meetings
- An Inventory of All the Brain Cells That Let You Run, Jump and Roll
- A Cell Atlas Reveals the Biodiversity inside Our Head
- How Pandemic Life Mimicked Pioneer Times
- Experimental Brain Implant Could Personalize Depression Therapy
- The Educational Power--and the Limits--of Personalized Children's Books
- Discrimination Persists in Society--but Who Discriminates?
- How we could eat real meat without harming animals | Isha Datar
- The first step towards more inclusive dermatology | Jenna C. Lester
- What you discover when you really listen | Hrishikesh Hirway
- A roadmap for young changemakers | Melati Wijsen
- 5 tips for dealing with meeting overload | Cindy Solomon
- How humanity doubled life expectancy in a century | Steven Johnson
- A more accurate way to calculate emissions | Charlotte Degot
- The brain science of obesity | Mads Tang-Christensen
- How NFTs are building the internet of the future | Kayvon Tehranian
- Want to truly succeed? Lift others up while you climb | Amber Hikes
October 2021 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Exercises using truth tables or trees for validity worksheet
Worksheet with about a dozen problems requiring testing for validity using truth tables & truth trees, as well as some translating. Deductive Logic.