Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- A Utilitarian Decision - Sacrifice Lives to Save Lives
- The Backfire Effect
- Philosophical Zombies
- Curriculum Council Philosophy and Ethics (WA)
- Conditional Happiness
- Humbug! The skeptic's fieldguide to spotting fallacies in thinking
- Don't Believe Everything That You Think
- Embiggen books ppt
- Dilbert Confirmation Bias
- Theory of Knowledge - Sense Perception
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- How to Reopen the American Mind
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- Damage to a Protective Shield around the Brain May Lead to Alzheimer's and Other Diseases
- Disgust Can Be Morally Valuable
- The Pursuit of Resilience
- Adolescent Brains Are Wired to Want Status and Respect: That's an Opportunity for Teachers and Parents
- Major Depressive Disorders Have an Enormous Economic Impact
- Why Do People in Relationships Cheat?
- 'Cave Syndrome' Keeps the Vaccinated in Social Isolation
- How Big Data Are Unlocking the Mysteries of Autism
- What It's Like to Have Face Blindness during the Pandemic
- We'll Never Fix Systemic Racism by Being Polite
- What's the difference between guilt and shame? | June Tangney
- How COVID-19 transformed the future of medicine | Daniel Kraft
- What's your happiness score? | Dominic Price
- Why children of immigrants experience guilt -- and strategies to cope | Sahaj Kaur Kohli
- The future of flying is electrifying | Cory Combs
- 7 tools for building a business people trust | Marcos Aguiar
- Women and girls, you are part of the climate solution | Rumaitha Al Busaidi
- What frogs in hot water can teach us about thinking again | Adam Grant
- The intergenerational wisdom woven into Indigenous stories | Tai Simpson
- To accomplish great things, you need to "let the paint dry" | Daniel J. Watts
May 2021 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 26 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links