Yes Minister Survey (wmv)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- The dilemma of giving
- Anecdotal Evidence cartoon
- Internet Encylopedia of Philosophy
- Pseudoscience - miracle cure
- Tackling the Problem of Free Will
- If it's not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- Philosophy Games
- Should we seek a perfect world?
- What Price for a Human Life?
- Privacy vs Security
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Ai Weiwei: Can Hong Kong’s Resistance Win?
- Judith Butler: When Killing Women Isn’t a Crime
- Democracy Is for the Gods
- Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Fascism’ Claim Too Extreme?
- A Revolution in Happiness
- A Philosopher on Brain Rest
- ‘There’s Just No Doubt That It Will Change the World’: David Chalmers on V.R. and A.I.
- Deepfakes Are Coming. We Can No Longer Believe What We See.
- Becoming Parents to Ourselves
- The Myth That Defines Our Age
- Anorexia May Be Linked to Metabolism, a Genetic Analysis Suggests
- How to Stop Prisons from Laying the Groundwork for a Fatal Overdose
- Socrates' Critique of 21st-Century Neuroscience
- The Psychedelics Evangelist: A German Financier Wants to Turn Magic Mushrooms into Modern Medicine
- Are Our Minds Just Our Brains?
- Worm Wiring Diagram May Help Us Understand Our Own Nervous System
- Decoding the Language of Neurons
- New Method for Tackling Stroke Restrains an Overactive Immune System
- Mind and Body Benefit from Two Hours in Nature Each Week
- How the Mind Emerges from the Brain's Complex Networks
- The fascinating places scientists aren't exploring | Ella Al-Shamahi
- How film transforms the way we see the world | Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
- How we're honoring people overlooked by history | Amy Padnani
- Origami robots that reshape and transform themselves | Jamie Paik
- The future of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy | Rick Doblin
- Grief and love in the animal kingdom | Barbara J. King
- 3 ways to measure your adaptability -- and how to improve it | Natalie Fratto
- A vision for the future of Sierra Leone | Julius Maada Bio
- The world's first crowdsourced space traffic monitoring system | Moriba Jah
- How augmented reality is changing activism | Glenn Cantave
July 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4