Peter Cave on Paradoxes (mp3)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Peter Singer Full Text Articles (Ethics)
- Calvin & Hobbes - Ethics
- The Anchoring Effect
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Philosophy of Mind website
- Indian High Court Rules Astrology is a Science
- The Tale of the Slave
- Basic Moral Orientations
- Socratic questioning
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- A Single, Quick 'Mindset' Exercise Protects against Adolescent Stress
- Good (and Bad) Ways to Help a Dog Afraid of Fireworks
- How Parents' Trauma Leaves Biological Traces in Children
- A Playbook for Science Denial, 'Scientific Phallocracy' in the Animal Kingdom, and More
- Why Social Media Makes People Unhappy--And Simple Ways to Fix It
- The Kavli Prize Presents: Understanding Neurodevelopment and Neurodegeneration [Sponsored]
- Strawberry Fields
- Behind Every Smile
- Militia Expert Warns Trump's Capitol Insurrectionists Could Try Again
- When Things Feel Unreal, Is That a Delusion or an Insight?
- The rise of boring architecture -- and the case for radically human buildings | Thomas Heatherwick
- How to alter the perception of mental health care in Russia | Olga Kitaina
- How data-driven journalism illuminates patterns of injustice | Alison Killing
- The blind spots of the green energy transition | Olivia Lazard
- The humans at the center of the US immigration debate | Ali Noorani
- Why healthy soil matters now more than ever | Jane Zelikova
- An invitation to reexamine your familiar world | Gillian Tett
- Why art is a tool for hope | JR
- An interdimensional performance of imagination | Particle Ink
- SpaceX's supersized Starship rocket -- and the future of galactic exploration | Jennifer Heldmann
July 2022 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31