(Uploaded by David Shapland.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- The value of subjective experience (or not)
- Exercises using truth tables or trees for validity worksheet
- The quest for Renassaince Man
- Queensland Philosophy and Reason Syllabus
- These foolish things or three kinds of fools
- Putting a brake on tolerance
- Are people-smugglers agents of freedom?
- Fallacies of Reasoning booklet
- Paid to not reproduce
- Blasphemy and Public Policy
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Life Is Short. That’s the Point.
- The Beast in Me
- Our Hubris Will Be Our End
- Revelation of a Liverpool Soccer Fan
- Our Deepest Condolences
- We Are Merging With Robots. That’s a Good Thing.
- The Humanity We Can’t Relinquish
- There Will Never Be an Age of Artificial Intimacy
- Are We All ‘Harmless Torturers’ Now?
- How We Lost the Sky
- Work and the Transition Myth
- Enabling education for all
- Designing a roadmap to ethical AI in Government
- Businesses must go All In for sustainability
- How do governments add value to society?
- Is there hope for Blackpool?
- Does the UK measure up on food and health?
- A Wider Landscape on Democracy
- Type R and Organisational Resilience
- The New Localism: Think Like a System, Act Like an Entrepreneur
- What Are the Jobs That Immigrants Do?
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others with These 5 Tips
- Sex, Drugs and Self-Control
- Life at the Improv: The Power of Imagination
- Autism and DDT: What 1 Million Pregnancies Can—and Can't—Reveal
- A Necessary Evil
- An Entirely New Type of Antidepressant Targets Postpartum Depression
- Can Talk Therapy Help People Who Are Unable to Experience Joy?
- Are Boys Better Than Girls at Math?
- Men Who Advocate for Others in the Workplace Face Backlash
- How urban spaces can preserve history and build community | Walter Hood
- How cancer cells communicate -- and how we can slow them down | Hasini Jayatilaka
- What a scrapyard in Ghana can teach us about innovation | DK Osseo-Asare
- Why I fight for the education of refugee girls (like me) | Mary Maker
- The little risks you can take to increase your luck | Tina Seelig
- How teachers can help kids find their political voices | Sydney Chaffee
- How AI can save our humanity | Kai-Fu Lee
- You are fluent in this language (and don't even know it) | Christoph Niemann
- You may be accidentally investing in cigarette companies | Bronwyn King
- Fake videos of real people -- and how to spot them | Supasorn Suwajanakorn
August 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2