(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Stanford Encylcopedia of Philosophy
- Fallacies Poster
- Hidden Premise
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 3 & 4)
- The Kantian Heritage
- Philosophy of Religion booklet
- A Wolf in Sheep's Lab Coat - Pseudoscience in the 21st Century
- If it's not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- Dilbert on Zeno
- Teaching the nature of science (and keeping students engaged)
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What’s So Good About Original Sin?
- This Is Not Just About Junot Díaz
- The Ancient Myth of ‘Good Fences’
- How to Be a Prophet of Doom
- ‘Transparency’ Is the Mother of Fake News
- The Upside of Envy
- Happy Birthday, Karl Marx. You Were Right!
- It’s Westworld. What’s Wrong With Cruelty to Robots?
- Should I Give Up on White People?
- Should Chimpanzees Be Considered ‘Persons’?
- Type R and Organisational Resilience
- The New Localism: Think Like a System, Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Blockchain platforms can enable good work
- Museum Conservation and 21st Century Education
- Anchors Aweigh: Universities and local industrial strategies
- The Non Sense of Work Life Balance
- The rights of people with a disability are being ignored – what can we do?
- Bringing classical music to a new audience
- The power of creative thinking
- Regulation of AI: Not if but when and how
- The Psychology of Taking a Knee
- Superslow Brain Waves May Play a Critical Role in Consciousness
- What You See in a 3-D Scan of Yourself Could Be Upsetting
- What Is Consciousness?
- Why We Need to Take Pet Loss Seriously
- Wealthy Families Invest More in Sons
- When Do Puppies Hit "Peak Cuteness" to Humans?
- Are We Even Playing the Same Game?
- Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?
- The Truth about Hans Asperger's Nazi Collusion
- How I made friends with reality | Emily Levine
- The shocking danger of mountaintop removal -- and why it must end | Michael Hendryx
- What it's like to be the child of immigrants | Michael Rain
- Where joy hides and how to find it | Ingrid Fetell Lee
- Why fascism is so tempting -- and how your data could power it | Yuval Noah Harari
- "You Found Me" | Helen Gillet
- How Pakistani women are taking the internet back | Nighat Dad
- The age-old sharing economies of Africa -- and why we should scale them | Robert Neuwirth
- Scientists must be free to learn, to speak and to challenge | Kirsty Duncan
- The doctors, nurses and aid workers rebuilding Syria | Rola Hallam
May 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3