Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Simpsons - post hoc ergo propter hoc
- What's logic got to do with it? - Some of the greatest flashes of scientific inspiration were sparked by utterly illogical thinking.
- Inductive Reasoning booklet
- Handwriting analysis
- Blasphemy and Public Policy
- 20 Awesomely Untranslatable Words from Around the World
- A Wonderful Piece of Pseudoscience in Advertising
- If you've nothing to hide.....Secrecy and the Open Society
- What use Philosophy?
- Artificial Intelligence
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Anti-social media
- Science, misinformation and dissent
- Refugees and moral obligation
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 6: Becoming a woman
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 5: Ubuntu
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 4: Nietzsche and nihilism
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 3: Derrida and the text
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 2: Confucius, wealth and politics
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- How to Reopen the American Mind
- How Should an Atheist Think About Death?
- What Moral Philosophy Tells Us About Our Reactions to Trump’s Illness
- How to Die (Without Really Trying)
- Faces in a Nursing Home
- Don’t Fear Dying. Fear Violence.
- We Need a Monument to the Unknown America
- Should We Cancel Aristotle?
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- Our Immigration Policy Has Done Terrible Damage to Kids
- Does Failure Make Victory Seem Sweeter?
- Psilocybin Treatment for Mental Health Gets Legal Framework
- Take This Quiz to See If You Are a Face 'Super-Recognizer'
- Misinformation Has Created a New World Disorder
- The Psychology of Giving Thanks
- Are Toxic Political Conversations Changing How We Feel about Objective Truth?
- Do Wine over Those Brussels Sprouts
- The Search for Social Identity Leads to "Us" versus "Them"
- How Misinformation Spreads--and Why We Trust It
- It takes a community to eradicate hate | Wale Elegbede
- What is a weapon in the Information Age? | Sharon Weinberger
- How COVID-19 human challenge trials work -- and why I volunteered | Sophie Rose
- Could we treat spinal cord injuries with asparagus? | Andrew Pelling
- How quinoa can help combat hunger and malnutrition | Cedric Habiyaremye
- A playful exploration of gender performance | Jo Michael Rezes
- What happens after we develop a COVID-19 vaccine? | Johanna Benesty
- The mood-boosting power of crying | Kathy Mendias
- A magical mantra for nurturing a blissful life | JayaShri Maathaa
- How the new generation of Latinx voters could change US elections | María Teresa Kumar
December 2020 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links