Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- On the cusp of [political] greatness
- Theory of Knowledge Web Site
- To think critically means to agree with me! Clarity makes people angry...
- Dilbert Confirmation Bias
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- QSA Science ppt
- Privacy vs Security
- Can Science Save its Soul
- Reasons for Reason
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 3 & 4)
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Community café
- The progressive case against UBI
- Waking up to gender inequality
- Walking the tightrope on the future of work
- Design Thinking for Writing
- Inclusivity comes from respect not indignity
- Adventure learning at Crystal Palace Park
- Work and the Transition Myth
- Designing a roadmap to ethical AI in Government
- How Political Opinions Change
- With Brain Implants, Scientists Aim to Translate Thoughts into Speech
- Consensual Hugs Seem to Reduce Stress
- Do You Have a Healthy Personality?
- Don't Make Me One with Everything
- We Need to Change the Trajectory of Mental Health Research
- Reprogrammed Stem Cells Implanted into Patient with Parkinson's Disease
- Why Don't We Forget How to Ride a Bike?
- Do We Actually Experience the Flow of Time?
- How to Give Better Advice
- How a fleet of wind-powered drones is changing our understanding of the ocean | Sebastien de Halleux
- How to disagree productively and find common ground | Julia Dhar
- How a long-forgotten virus could help us solve the antibiotics crisis | Alexander Belcredi
- A librarian's case against overdue book fines | Dawn Wacek
- Is civility a sham? | Teresa Bejan
- My journey to thank all the people responsible for my morning coffee | AJ Jacobs
- What to trust in a "post-truth" world | Alex Edmans
- The case for a decentralized internet | Tamas Kocsis
- The global goals we've made progress on -- and the ones we haven't | Michael Green
- How kids can help design cities | Mara Mintzer
November 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 1 2
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links