(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- 'Thank You for Smoking' clip
- Annotated Bibliography example and explanation
- Ghost in the Machine
- Plato and Aristotle from 'The School of Athens'
- How Science Works
- Philosophical Zombies
- Both sides of the debate...
- Penguin Logic
- Intelligent Design - the Myth of Irreducible Complexity
- Alternative Medicine - Sincerity no substitute for evidence
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Gender Politics of Fasting
- Affirmative Action and College Admissions: ‘The Problem With Meritocracy Is That It Isn’t Meritocratic’
- The Christmas Time Capsule
- In Praise of Wonder
- Would Human Extinction Be a Tragedy?
- I’m for Affirmative Action. Can You Change My Mind?
- What Does It Mean to ‘Speak as a Woman’?
- Knowledge, Ignorance and Climate Change
- How Would You Draw History?
- The Ethics of Education in the Secular State
- Phil Witte’s Cartoon
- News: December 2018 / January 2019
- Brains, Minds, Selves
- The Light From Our Eyes
- Philosophy for the Young, Medieval Style
- I Am Not A Brain by Markus Gabriel
- Should We Pursue Happiness?
- Hermann von Helmholtz (1821-1894)
- The Case Against Conceptual Art
- The Joined-up Big Picture?
- Making deliberative democracy work
- Community café
- The progressive case against UBI
- Waking up to gender inequality
- Walking the tightrope on the future of work
- Design Thinking for Writing
- Inclusivity comes from respect not indignity
- Adventure learning at Crystal Palace Park
- Our Language Affects What We See
- The Kids (Who Use Tech) Seem to Be All Right
- Fake Whiskeys and Octo-Ecstasy
- The Neuroscience of Creativity: A Q&A with Anna Abraham
- Monogamy May Be Written in Our Genes
- Seeing Superman Increases Altruism
- Alzheimer's Attack on the Brain May Vary with Race
- How to Stop Feeling Overly Responsible
- A Touch to Remember
- Harsh Nazi Parenting Guidelines May Still Affect German Children of Today
- Why black girls are targeted for punishment at school -- and how to change that | Monique W. Morris
- 3 ways to build a happy marriage and avoid divorce | George Blair-West
- A mother and son's photographic journey through dementia | Tony Luciani
- Quantum computing explained in 10 minutes | Shohini Ghose
- The biology of gender, from DNA to the brain | Karissa Sanbonmatsu
- What should electric cars sound like? | Renzo Vitale
- How India's smartphone revolution is creating a new generation of readers and writers | Chiki Sarkar
- What are you willing to give up to change the way we work? | Martin Danoesastro
- The story of a parent's transition and a son's redemption | Paula Stone Williams and Jonathan Williams
- The secrets of learning a new language | Lýdia Machová
January 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3