Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Critical Thinking - An Introduction (Alec Fisher)
- New Scientist website
- Theory of Knowledge - Sense Perception
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Universal intelligence: One test to rule them all
- Ask the Philosopher column in The Australian
- Philosophy — What’s the Use?
- Philosophy of Mind Questions
- Holidays for All
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 4: Nietzsche and nihilism
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 3: Derrida and the text
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 2: Confucius, wealth and politics
- Philosophy in a nutshell pt 1: The aphorism
- Politics at the extremes
- PRESENTS — Ideas
- Progressive Islam
- The abominable heretic
- Shifting the frame on COVID-19
- How to Reopen the American Mind
- How Should an Atheist Think About Death?
- What Moral Philosophy Tells Us About Our Reactions to Trump’s Illness
- How to Die (Without Really Trying)
- Faces in a Nursing Home
- We Need a Monument to the Unknown America
- Don’t Fear Dying. Fear Violence.
- Should We Cancel Aristotle?
- Was This Ancient Taoist the First Philosopher of Disability?
- What if We Could Have Meat Without Murder?
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- Media Multitasking Disrupts Memory, Even in Young Adults
- Conservative and Liberal Brains Might Have Some Real Differences
- The Science of Nerdiness
- The Psychology of Fact-Checking
- The Disturbing History of Research into Transgender Identity
- AI Assesses Alzheimer's Risk by Analyzing Word Usage
- What We Know So Far about How COVID Affects the Nervous System
- Hypnosis Experts Cast Doubt on Famous Psychological Experiments
- How the Best Forecasters Predict Events Such as Election Outcomes
- Presidential Debates Have Shockingly Little Effect on Election Outcomes
- Our existential flight from death -- and wisdom on connecting to grief | Kevin Toolis
- Climate change is becoming a problem you can taste | Amanda Little
- What if a US presidential candidate refuses to concede after an election? | Van Jones
- Can we create vaccines that mutate and spread? | Leor Weinberger
- What it takes to create social change against all odds | Ralph Nader
- Sexual assault, shame and teaching kids to ask for help | Kristin Jones
- How to reduce the wealth gap between Black and white Americans | Kedra Newsom Reeves
- Could CBD help opioid users overcome addiction? | Yasmin Hurd
- How businesses can serve everyone, not just shareholders | Dame Vivian Hunt
- How Ikea is growing its business while shrinking emissions | Jesper Brodin and Pia Heidenmark Cook
October 2020 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links