Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Science and art from Dilbert
- Another Double Blind Test surprise
- Rating Critical and Integrated thinking
- The power of categorical logic
- The Socratic Method (M.M. McCABE)
- Portal: Mind and brain
- Why You Don’t Know Your Own Mind
- Burka ban a headache for a liberal society
- The Tools of Critical Thinking
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Does Art Have to Do With the Coronavirus?
- The Robot Artists Aren’t Coming
- This Exhibition Was Brought to You by Guns and Big Oil
- Naming the Disappeared, Raising the Dead
- In Mexico, ‘Roma’ Lit a Fire for Workers’ Rights
- Art Is How We Justify Our Existence
- Cate Blanchett: I’m Not ‘Mrs. America.’ That’s the Point.
- Art Is a Different Kind of Cosmic Order
- ‘I Believed That I Would See Her Again’
- ‘Why Get Upset When You Can Just Smile?’
- Novel viruses require artful solutions
- After the Fall
- If at first you don’t succeed…
- Where were you when the music stopped?
- The knowledge economy after Covid-19
- Do we want to solve the affordable housing crisis?
- Will the post Covid-19 world go vegan?
- Mindfully managing the fear of epidemics
- Shadow Heroes
- The Responsible Futurist
- A Monday Is a Tuesday Is a Sunday as COVID-19 Disrupts Internal Clocks
- Why Trump's Popularity Surge Faded So Quickly
- Meat Mogul Dies Penniless Searching for Sunken Treasure
- Forced Social Isolation Causes Neural Craving Similar to Hunger
- Why Oxytocin Is Incredible and How to Get More of It
- Short Attention Spans Make Movies Popular
- What Near-Death Experiences Reveal about the Brain
- Immersive Violence
- Finding Inner Harmony: The Underappreciated Legacy of Karen Horney
- Blind People Could 'See' Letters That Scientists Drew on Their Brains with Electricity
- Autofocusing reading glasses of the future | Nitish Padmanaban
- How to raise kids who can overcome anxiety | Anne Marie Albano
- The secret weapon against pandemics | Georges C. Benjamin
- A COVID-19 "exit" strategy to end lockdown and reopen the economy | Uri Alon
- Let's make the world wild again | Kristine Tompkins
- Actionable solutions to support the mental health of US veterans | Charles P. Smith
- How to meaningfully reconnect with those who have dementia | Anne Basting
- Are we interrupting the kinky sex lives of fish? | Marah J. Hardt
- How to rebuild the global economy | Kristalina Georgieva
- Can we edit memories? | Amy Milton
May 2020 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31