Did you know Queensland has Taught Philosophy and Logic as a senior subject for around 100 years? Here is the new syllabus. Notice the focus on the skill of argumentation.
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- South Australian Syllabus
- Vegetarians and IQ (Post hoc ergo propter hoc?)
- Philosophy of Religion - Richard Dawkins' rejection of the argument from design
- Anarchy is a law unto itself
- Ockham's Razor
- Fallacies Poster
- Are people-smugglers agents of freedom?
- Where should paedophiles live
- Crop Circles and the Characteristics of a Good Hypothesis
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Presocratic Return
- Harley Schwadron’s Cartoon (1)
- How Do You Change Someone’s Mind?
- Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)
- Metaphysical Animals by Clare Mac Cumhaill & Rachael Wiseman and The Women Are Up to Something by Benjamin Lipscomb
- Don’t Look Up
- Aristotle’s Guide To Living Well
- Daisetsu Suzuki (1870-1966)
- The Song of Ulysses
- The Pandemos
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- How Squishy Math Is Revealing Doughnuts in the Brain
- How Gaslighting Manipulates Reality
- Voice Training Is a Medical Necessity for Many Transgender People
- Moral Injury Is an Invisible Epidemic That Affects Millions
- It's Time to Fight Light Pollution
- U.S. Kids Are Falling behind Global Competition, but Brain Science Shows How to Catch Up
- Cockatoos Work to Outsmart Humans in Escalating Garbage Bin Wars
- Why Kids Are Afraid to Ask for Help
- Spiky 'Sleep Spindles' Linked to Acts of Learning
- A Hormone May Boost Cognition in Down Syndrome
- Is there a link between cancer and heart disease? | Nicholas Leeper
- Is the pandemic actually over? It's complicated | Anthony Fauci
- You don't have to leave your neighborhood to live in a better one | Majora Carter
- Your invitation to disrupt philanthropy | Sara Lomelin
- Nuclear power is our best hope to ditch fossil fuels | Isabelle Boemeke
- How dance can unleash your inner joy | Ryan Heffington
- The trick to regaining your childlike wonder | Zach King
- How to lead in the new era of employee activism | Megan Reitz
- The affordable, 3D-printed bionics of the future | Enzo Romero
- The shift we need to stop mass surveillance | Albert Fox Cahn
- September 2022MonTueWedThuFriSatSun29303112345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293012