Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Simpsons - post hoc ergo propter hoc
- Yes Prime Minister - Survey Design
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- The Meaningfulness of Lives
- Pride in the past isn't necessarily a lost cause
- Free will is not as free as we think - and that's ok.
- Continental bid to remove veil in the face of Islamic extremism
- Propositional Logic - Translating and Symbolising (deductive logic)
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Society vs the Family - religious beliefs and medical need
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- It’s Westworld. What’s Wrong With Cruelty to Robots?
- Should I Give Up on White People?
- Should Chimpanzees Be Considered ‘Persons’?
- How to Serve a Deranged Tyrant, Stoically
- How Democracy Can Survive Big Data
- How to Talk About Abortion
- Bannon’s Deviant ‘Badge of Honor’
- You Can’t Put Frederick Douglass in Chains
- Why Are We Surprised When Buddhists Are Violent?
- James Bond Is a Wimp
- The New Localism: Think Like a System, Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Blockchain platforms can enable good work
- Museum Conservation and 21st Century Education
- Anchors Aweigh: Universities and local industrial strategies
- The Non Sense of Work Life Balance
- The rights of people with a disability are being ignored – what can we do?
- Bringing classical music to a new audience
- The power of creative thinking
- Regulation of AI: Not if but when and how
- Norwich’s coffee house challenge
- If Singing's Tough, Try Whistling
- How to Stop Abandoning Projects
- Some Mutations Tied to Autism May Be Passed Down from Fathers
- Miniature Human Brains Grow for Months When Implanted in Mice Skulls
- How to Reconcile with a Romantic Partner
- Forestalling a Fatal Decision
- Total Recall: The Latest Tools for Understanding How Memory Works
- Brain's "Brakes" Suppress Unwanted Thoughts
- Why Everyone Is Insecure (and Why That's Okay)
- A Command Center in the Mammalian Brain Orchestrates Parenting Behaviors
- SpaceX's plan to fly you across the globe in 30 minutes | Gwynne Shotwell
- A Parkland teacher's homework for us all | Diane Wolk-Rogers
- Why it's worth listening to people you disagree with | Zachary R. Wood
- The "dead zone" of the Gulf of Mexico | Nancy Rabalais
- The harm reduction model of drug addiction treatment | Mark Tyndall
- A printable, flexible, organic solar cell | Hannah Bürckstümmer
- What's missing in the global debate over refugees | Yasin Kakande
- What if we ended the injustice of bail? | Robin Steinberg
- How we need to remake the internet | Jaron Lanier
- How the arts help homeless youth heal and build | Malika Whitley
April 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links