Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Hypothesis booklet
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- How to properly use Ad Hominem attacks
- Both sides of the debate...
- The power of the non sequitur
- Language as a Window into Human Nature
- It's all About Perception
- Philosophy of Religion - Unit Exam
- Australasian Association of Philosophy
- More, Sir Thomas - Utopia
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Capitalism and ‘Culturecide’
- ‘The Good Place’ Asks, Are You the Worst Thing You’ve Ever Done?
- Why We Will Need Walt Whitman in 2020
- Am I Wiser Than My Grandparents?
- Are You Listening?
- Could I Be My Own Soul Mate?
- It’s a Terrible Day in the Neighborhood, and That’s O.K.
- The Real Cost of Tweeting About My Kids
- The Perils of Abstraction
- We Don’t Actually Want to Be Happy
- Harley Schwadron’s Cartoon
- News: December 2019 / January 2020
- Trump & Arendt Debate The Wall: Fictive Questions, Real Answers
- Chris Gill’s Cartoon
- Am I Dreaming? by James Kingsland
- Would Machiavelli Vote For Donald Trump?
- Cosmopolitanism & Immigration
- Galileo’s Error by Philip Goff
- Dewey & Climate Denial2
- Proverbs for Engraving onto Imperial Monuments
- Does Social Media Cause Depression?
- Possible Missing Link in Alzheimer's Pathology Identified
- Johns Hopkins Scientists Give Psychedelics the Serious Treatment
- In Search of the Brain's Social Road Maps
- Does Consciousness Pervade the Universe?
- Glutamate Built the Brain--Can It Treat It, Too?
- Mysticism and the Mind-Body Problem: Other Views
- Atlantic Puffins Spotted Using Tools
- Is a Sad Song Sad for Everyone?
- Technique Takes Sleepers from Zzz to Aha!
- Why can't we talk about periods? | Jen Gunter
- A path to security for the world's deadliest countries | Rachel Kleinfeld
- Why are drug prices so high? Investigating the outdated US patent system | Priti Krishtel
- How supply chain transparency can help the planet | Markus Mutz
- How guest worker visas could transform the US immigration system | David J. Bier
- The perks of being a pirate | Tom Nash
- Why "biofabrication" is the next industrial revolution | Suzanne Lee
- A swarm of mini drones makes ... magic! | Marco Tempest
- Climate change will displace millions. Here's how we prepare | Colette Pichon Battle
- What a digital government looks like | Anna Piperal
January 2020 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Category Archives: Syllabus and Course Outlines
Exploring the relationship between cognitive skills and the values of inquiry. Grey boxes describe student work. This can be used to generate rubrics. CT Matrix
A model for understanding effective thinking through categorising key educational ideas and examining the relationships between them. Skills Values and Virtues of Inquiry
Did you know Queensland has Taught Philosophy and Logic as a senior subject for around 100 years? Here is the new syllabus. Notice the focus on the skill of argumentation. Queensland Senior Philosophy and Reason syllabus
Uploaded by Richard Tweedie.
As delivered to Victorian schools
Uploaded by Sue Knight.
As delivered to Queensland secondary schools.
As delivered in Western Australian schools. New in 2008.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE document