Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Inductive Reasoning booklet
- The Backfire Effect
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy Games
- Indian High Court Rules Astrology is a Science
- Peace of Mind: Near-Death Experiences Now Found to Have Scientific Explanations
- Ethical Dilemmas in Science
- On the cusp of [political] greatness
- When to lead and when to follow
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Ai Weiwei: Can Hong Kong’s Resistance Win?
- Judith Butler: When Killing Women Isn’t a Crime
- Democracy Is for the Gods
- Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Fascism’ Claim Too Extreme?
- A Revolution in Happiness
- A Philosopher on Brain Rest
- ‘There’s Just No Doubt That It Will Change the World’: David Chalmers on V.R. and A.I.
- Deepfakes Are Coming. We Can No Longer Believe What We See.
- Becoming Parents to Ourselves
- The Myth That Defines Our Age
- How to Make a Mouse Hallucinate
- In China, Mental Health Care Goes Virtual
- "Metronome" Neurons Act like Timekeepers in Mouse Brains
- Universal Desire: Men and Women Respond Identically to Erotic Images
- The Truth about Anti-White Discrimination
- Alzheimer's Meeting: Lifestyle Factors Are the Best--and Only--Bet Now for Reducing Dementia Risk
- Elon Musk's Secretive Brain Tech Company Debuts a Sophisticated Neural Implant
- The Neurodiversity Movement Should Acknowledge Autism as a Medical Disability
- Think You're Too Old to Learn New Tricks?
- What Alfred Binet and Maria Montessori Can Teach Us about Intelligence
- How a typeface helped launch Apollo | Douglas Thomas
- How we can improve maternal healthcare -- before, during and after pregnancy | Elizabeth Howell
- A new way to get every child ready for kindergarten | Claudia Miner
- The fundamental right to seek asylum | Melanie Nezer
- Mentalism, mind reading and the art of getting inside your head | Derren Brown
- The fascinating (and dangerous) places scientists aren't exploring | Ella Al-Shamahi
- How film transforms the way we see the world | Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
- How we're honoring people overlooked by history | Amy Padnani
- Origami robots that reshape and transform themselves | Jamie Paik
- The future of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy | Rick Doblin
July 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4
Category Archives: Syllabus and Course Outlines
Exploring the relationship between cognitive skills and the values of inquiry. Grey boxes describe student work. This can be used to generate rubrics. CT Matrix
A model for understanding effective thinking through categorising key educational ideas and examining the relationships between them. Skills Values and Virtues of Inquiry
Did you know Queensland has Taught Philosophy and Logic as a senior subject for around 100 years? Here is the new syllabus. Notice the focus on the skill of argumentation. Queensland Senior Philosophy and Reason syllabus
Uploaded by Richard Tweedie.
As delivered to Victorian schools
Uploaded by Sue Knight.
As delivered to Queensland secondary schools.
As delivered in Western Australian schools. New in 2008.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE document