Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Who is 'you'?
- Nietzsche, Friedrich - Beyond Good and Evil
- Do home-schooled kids get enough social education?
- Top Ten Evolution Myths - and how we know it really happened (pdf)
- Truth Trees booklet
- Where life imitates sport
- Can science answer questions about morality?
- Anarchy is a law unto itself
- Aristotle's Ethics
- Homeopathic leak threatens catastrophe
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Pop Stoicism Misses About Ancient Philosophy
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- The Educational Power--and the Limits--of Personalized Children's Books
- Discrimination Persists in Society--but Who Discriminates?
- Making Eye Contact Signals a New Turn in a Conversation
- A Car Crash Snaps the Daydreaming Mind into Focus
- Some Psychological Interventions Are More Harmful Than Helpful
- Inventive Ways of Delivering Mental Health Care Thrive during the Pandemic
- Novel Drug Therapies Could Tackle Treatment-Resistant Depression
- How the Pandemic Is Changing Mental Health
- The Top 10 Innovations in Mental Health
- How 9/11 Ushered in a New Era of Conspiracy Theories
- Could you recover from illness ... using your own stem cells? | Nabiha Saklayen
- The art of paying attention | Wendy MacNaughton
- The genetic rescue of Earth's endangered species | Ryan Phelan
- The link between inequality and anxiety | Richard Wilkinson
- Planet City -- a sci-fi vision of an astonishing regenerative future | Liam Young
- The untapped energy source that could power the planet | Jamie C. Beard
- An NFL quarterback on overcoming setbacks and self-doubt | Alex Smith
- The trans story includes you | Nicole Maines
- The inaccurate link between body ideals and health | Nancy N. Chen
- A smart bra for better heart health | Alicia Chong Rodriguez
September 2021 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 1 2 3
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links