Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Philosophy of Religion
- Is Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Premature?
- Analysis of Critical Thinking in Climate Science
- IVF - how old is too old?
- The Skills, Values and Virtues of Inquiry
- Sweet & sour: Junior Master Chefs
- Plato and Aristotle from 'The School of Athens'
- Philosophy of Science
- Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight
- Kant and Respect
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Ai Weiwei: Can Hong Kong’s Resistance Win?
- Judith Butler: When Killing Women Isn’t a Crime
- Democracy Is for the Gods
- Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Fascism’ Claim Too Extreme?
- A Revolution in Happiness
- A Philosopher on Brain Rest
- ‘There’s Just No Doubt That It Will Change the World’: David Chalmers on V.R. and A.I.
- Deepfakes Are Coming. We Can No Longer Believe What We See.
- Becoming Parents to Ourselves
- The Myth That Defines Our Age
- How to Make a Mouse Hallucinate
- In China, Mental Health Care Goes Virtual
- "Metronome" Neurons Act like Timekeepers in Mouse Brains
- Universal Desire: Men and Women Respond Identically to Erotic Images
- The Truth about Anti-White Discrimination
- Alzheimer's Meeting: Lifestyle Factors Are the Best--and Only--Bet Now for Reducing Dementia Risk
- Elon Musk's Secretive Brain Tech Company Debuts a Sophisticated Neural Implant
- The Neurodiversity Movement Should Acknowledge Autism as a Medical Disability
- Think You're Too Old to Learn New Tricks?
- What Alfred Binet and Maria Montessori Can Teach Us about Intelligence
- How a typeface helped launch Apollo | Douglas Thomas
- How we can improve maternal healthcare -- before, during and after pregnancy | Elizabeth Howell
- A new way to get every child ready for kindergarten | Claudia Miner
- The fundamental right to seek asylum | Melanie Nezer
- Mentalism, mind reading and the art of getting inside your head | Derren Brown
- The fascinating (and dangerous) places scientists aren't exploring | Ella Al-Shamahi
- How film transforms the way we see the world | Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
- How we're honoring people overlooked by history | Amy Padnani
- Origami robots that reshape and transform themselves | Jamie Paik
- The future of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy | Rick Doblin
July 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4
Blasphemy and Public Policy
Lord Ram and the Hindu religious beliefs that are tested by recent scientific discoveries. Scanned newspaper article. Check the public outrage. Good for philosophy of religion and social philosophy.