(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- A Useful Introduction to Critical Thinking Skills
- Rating Critical and Integrated thinking
- Is there a difference between patriotism & jingoism?
- 1,500 Animal Species Practice Homosexuality
- Society vs the Family - religious beliefs and medical need
- The quest for Renassaince Man
- When media become dispensers of justice
- The web means the end of forgetting - an essay on forgetting, re-invention and personal identity in the age of Facebook
- I'll be a Monkey's Uncle - or Nephew, in this case. (A novel appeal to association)
- What Price for a Human Life?
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Trump’s Method, Our Madness
- What Our Cells Teach Us About a ‘Natural’ Death
- If We Are Not Just Animals, What Are We?
- Our Forger in Chief
- Humans in Dark Times
- Trump and the ‘Society of the Spectacle’
- Unraveling Love Stories
- It’s Black History Month. Look in the Mirror.
- Rethinking Our Patriotism
- Can We Live With Contradiction?
- Where are the female leaders?
- You can lead a horse to bitesize online content, but can you make it learn?
- Government digital strategy – more politics needed
- The Business of Nudging
- How Smart Citizens live
- Modern employment: legislating fast and slow
- Place-Based Leadership
- Let the Doers Act
- The power to communicate
- Engaging teachers
- New Books about Amnesia, Empathy, ADHD and the Placebo Effect
- Accidental Therapists: For Insect Detectives, the Trickiest Cases Involve Bugs That Are Not There
- Good Relationships Are All in the Family
- Do Schizophrenia and Autism Share the Same Root?
- Aggressed-Upon Monkeys Take Revenge on Aggressor's Cronies
- The Brain Takes a Guided Tour of London
- <i>Sesame Street</i> to Welcome First Autistic Muppet
- How Pedestrians Will Defeat Autonomous Vehicles
- Case Study: When Chronic Pain Leads to a Dangerous Addiction
- A Trip inside the Schizophrenic Mind
- Why civilians suffer more once a war is over | Margaret Bourdeaux
- Asking for help is a strength, not a weakness | Michele L. Sullivan
- Lifelike simulations that make real-life surgery safer | Peter Weinstock
- Inside America's dead shopping malls | Dan Bell
- "Turceasca" | Silk Road Ensemble
- Should we simplify spelling? | Karina Galperin
- What young women believe about their own sexual pleasure | Peggy Orenstein
- Adventures of an asteroid hunter | Carrie Nugent
- A burial practice that nourishes the planet | Caitlin Doughty
- Beautiful new words to describe obscure emotions | John Koenig