Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Catholic church and abortion/euthanasia/gay marriage
- Propositional Logic - Translating and Symbolising (deductive logic)
- 10 Philosophical Principles
- 'Thank You for Smoking' clip
- It's all About Perception
- 15 EVOLUTIONARY GEMS
- Free will is not as free as we think - and that's ok.
- The Fallacy of Deepest Offence
- A Utilitarian Decision - Sacrifice Lives to Save Lives
- The Relativity of Wrong - Isaac Asimov
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Wittgenstein’s Confession
- Germany’s Nazi Past Is Still Present
- Is Boycotting Israel ‘Hate’?
- Why We Try So Hard to Escape Our Humanity
- The Metamorphosis of the Western Soul
- The Question We Must Keep Asking
- We Are Not Born Human
- The Codes That Bind Us, and Set Us Apart
- What Does It Mean to Be Human? Don’t Ask
- Life Is Short. That’s the Point.
- Walking the tightrope on the future of work
- Design Thinking for Writing
- Inclusivity comes from respect not indignity
- Adventure learning at Crystal Palace Park
- Work and the Transition Myth
- Enabling education for all
- Designing a roadmap to ethical AI in Government
- Businesses must go All In for sustainability
- Is there hope for Blackpool?
- Does the UK measure up on food and health?
- "Gambling Brain" Studies Make Clear Why It's Hard to Stop Rolling the Dice
- The Danger of Judging Scientists by What They Discover
- Big Data Gives the "Big 5" Personality Traits a Makeover
- For the Love of Science Fiction
- People Like You More Than You Know
- Are Narcissists More Likely to Experience Imposter Syndrome?
- What Lucid Dreams Look Like
- Mind–Body Problems: My Meta-Solution to the Mystery of Who We Really Are
- 7 Ways to Let Go of Guilt
- Brain's Dumped DNA May Lead to Stress, Depression
- How I became part sea urchin | Catherine Mohr
- "Afterneath" / "Killing Me" | Luke Sital-Singh
- Why museums are returning cultural treasures | Chip Colwell
- How we could teach our bodies to heal faster | Kaitlyn Sadtler
- Why the hospital of the future will be your own home | Niels van Namen
- The press trampled on my privacy. Here's how I took back my story | Kate Stone
- Why we choke under pressure -- and how to avoid it | Sian Leah Beilock
- Your fingerprints reveal more than you think | Simona Francese
- "Rebelosis" / "Rebel Rock" / "Rebel on That Level" | The Soul Rebels
- 3 ways to make better decisions -- by thinking like a computer | Tom Griffiths
September 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links