Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Science and art from Dilbert
- Where should paedophiles live
- A nod to traditional owners
- Where's the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- The Kantian Heritage
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Peter Singer Full Text Articles (Ethics)
- Japanese Linguist Helps Revive an Aboriginal Language
- Alternative Medicine - Sincerity no substitute for evidence
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Pop Stoicism Misses About Ancient Philosophy
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- News: December 2021 / January 2022
- Guto Dias’ Cartoon
- Simon & Finn
- Benedict de Spinoza (1632-1677)
- Philo of Alexandria (c.20BCE-c.50CE)
- On Philosophy and Philosophers: Unpublished papers, 1960-2000 by Richard Rorty
- A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
- The Happy State
- The Philosopher with a Thousand Faces
- What Is Happiness?
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- How Brains Seamlessly Switch Between Languages
- The Psychological Differences between Those Who Love and Loathe Black Friday Shopping
- 'Constructive Arguing' Can Help Keep the Peace at Your Thanksgiving Table
- Expanding Mental Health Care Is a Medical Necessity
- Why People Won't Rethink Holiday Plans during a Pandemic
- Cannabis Use in Pregnancy Is Linked to Child Anxiety, Hyperactivity
- Infants as Young as Two Months May Be Able to Detect Faces and Scenes
- Personality Type, as well as Politics, Predicts Who Shares Fake News
- How Certain Gestures Help You Learn New Words
- Many Neuroscience Conferences Still Have No Black Speakers
- The dream of educating Afghan girls lives on | Shabana Basij-Rasikh
- How gratitude rewires your brain | Christina Costa
- The value of kindness at work | James Rhee
- What is melatonin -- and should you take it to fall asleep? | Matt Walker
- Is it really that bad to marry my cousin? | Mona Chalabi
- Ancient wisdom for healing the planet | Shweta Narayan
- The surprising health benefits of dreaming | Matt Walker
- The science of extreme weather -- and how to reduce the harm | Al Roker, Al Gore, David Biello and Latif Nasser
- Dear world leaders, these are our climate demands | Xiye Bastida, Shiv Soin and Latif Nasser
- How accurate is the weather forecast? | Mona Chalabi
December 2021 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2