Religion and Ethics (ppt)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Embiggen books ppt
- IVF - how old is too old?
- Brain science and the search for the self
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- Alternative Medicine - Sincerity no substitute for evidence
- Sweet & sour: Junior Master Chefs
- Consciousness - science tackles the self (pdf)
- The Scientific Method
- Propositional Logic - Translating and Symbolising (deductive logic)
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Pop Stoicism Misses About Ancient Philosophy
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- How the Brain Tells Apart Important and Unimportant Sensations
- Can't Buy Me Luck: The Role of Serendipity in the Beatles' Success
- The Dark Side of Collaboration
- Mapping the Brain to Understand the Mind
- Facial Expressions Do Not Reveal Emotions
- Brainstorming on Zoom Hampers Creativity
- Brain-Reading Devices Help Paralyzed People Move, Talk and Touch
- How to Make Smart COVID Risk-Benefit Decisions
- A New Dimension to a Meaningful Life
- Carrying On in Difficult Times
- Why Africa needs community-led conservation | Resson Kantai Duff
- The crime-fighting power of cross-border investigative journalism | Bektour Iskender
- How to stop banks from investing in dirty energy | Lucie Pinson
- The case for a 4-day work week | Juliet Schor
- My long walk across India for women's freedom | Srishti Bakshi
- The future of the food ecosystem -- and the power of your plate | Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli
- The most powerful untapped resource in health care | Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam
- A bold plan to transform access to the US social safety net | Amanda Renteria
- A transparent, easy way for smallholder farmers to save | Anushka Ratnayake
- An election redesign to restore trust in US democracy | Tiana Epps-Johnson
May 2022 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 25 26 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5