(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Philosophy of Mind website
- What Truth Doesn't Mean
- Exercises using truth tables or trees for validity worksheet
- I'll be a Monkey's Uncle - or Nephew, in this case. (A novel appeal to association)
- Japanese Linguist Helps Revive an Aboriginal Language
- Jean-Paul Sartre's notion of Bad Faith
- Critical Thinking on the Web
- The power of categorical logic
- Casting the profiling net
- David Papineau on Scientific Realism
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Deepfakes Are Coming. We Can No Longer Believe What We See.
- Becoming Parents to Ourselves
- The Myth That Defines Our Age
- Seeking Refuge, Legally, and Finding Prison
- Before I Could Change the World, I Had to Change Myself
- Power Is Everywhere, but Love Is Supreme
- Enough With Crumbs — I Want the Cake
- A Lesson for (and From) a Dystopian World
- Why Fiction Trumps Truth
- What Happens When Our Leaders Lack Moral Courage
- Why Freud Should Be Dead
- Better Memory through Electrical Brain Ripples
- Using Marijuana to Get High Dates Back Millennia
- Are People with ADHD More Creative?
- Free Will Is Real
- Clearing Up Some Misconceptions about Neurodiversity
- A New Approach to Addiction Treatment
- The Mindset of Eating Disorders
- "Noncoding" Mutations May Play Unexpected Key Role in Autism
- We Should All Use They/Them Pronouns ... Eventually
- The political power of being a good neighbor | Michael Tubbs
- My life as a work of art | Daniel Lismore
- Why we get mad -- and why it's healthy | Ryan Martin
- 3 steps to turn everyday get-togethers into transformative gatherings | Priya Parker
- The mysterious microbes living deep inside the earth -- and how they could help humanity | Karen Lloyd
- The most detailed map of galaxies, black holes and stars ever made | Juna Kollmeier
- The healing power of reading | Michelle Kuo
- The lies our culture tells us about what matters -- and a better way to live | David Brooks
- "Everything happens for a reason" -- and other lies I've loved | Kate Bowler
- Floating cities, the LEGO House and other architectural forms of the future | Bjarke Ingels
June 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30