Hooked on horoscopes (pdf)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Three Minute Philosophy: Rene Descartes
- Humbug! The skeptic's fieldguide to spotting fallacies in thinking
- Heads I Win - A study of persitence of belief by Tim van Gelder
- Philosophy of Mind website
- Plato - The Republic
- Animal Actors - Animal Rights, Human Perceptions
- Mill, John Stuart - On Liberty
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- We are all just computer simulations
- Is Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Premature?
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- I’m for Affirmative Action. Can You Change My Mind?
- What Does It Mean to ‘Speak as a Woman’?
- Knowledge, Ignorance and Climate Change
- How Would You Draw History?
- How to Fix Fake News
- What ‘Justice’ Really Means
- Trump’s New Taunt, Kavanaugh’s Defense and How Misogyny Rules
- Nietzsche Made Me Do It
- Wittgenstein’s Confession
- The Ethics of Education in the Secular State
- Phil Witte’s Cartoon
- News: December 2018 / January 2019
- Brains, Minds, Selves
- The Light From Our Eyes
- Philosophy for the Young, Medieval Style
- I Am Not A Brain by Markus Gabriel
- Should We Pursue Happiness?
- Hermann von Helmholtz (1821-1894)
- The Case Against Conceptual Art
- Making deliberative democracy work
- Community café
- The progressive case against UBI
- Waking up to gender inequality
- Walking the tightrope on the future of work
- Design Thinking for Writing
- Inclusivity comes from respect not indignity
- Adventure learning at Crystal Palace Park
- Work and the Transition Myth
- Prehistoric Viruses and the Function of the Brain
- 3 Cheers for Metacognition
- Why Do People Mistake Narcissism for High Self-Esteem?
- Who's a Smart Dog?!
- A New Connection between the Gut and Brain
- How to Overcome Feelings of Shame
- The Hippies Were Right: It's All about Vibrations, Man!
- Kids Today Are Being Socialized to Think They're Fragile Snowflakes
- Bad First Impressions Are Not Set in Stone
- More Than a Third of Female Suicides Are Committed by Indian Women
- 3 kinds of bias that shape your worldview | J. Marshall Shepherd
- How storytelling helps parents in prison stay connected to their kids | Alan Crickmore
- The work that makes all other work possible | Ai-jen Poo
- A lesson on looking | Amy Herman
- How to motivate people to do good for others | Erez Yoeli
- 3 questions to ask yourself about everything you do | Stacey Abrams
- Confessions of a recovering micromanager | Chieh Huang
- Me Too is a movement, not a moment | Tarana Burke
- The story of Marvel's first queer Latina superhero | Gabby Rivera
- 100 solutions to reverse global warming | Chad Frischmann
December 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 26 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6