An interesting take on the subject by QualiaSoup…
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- Japanese Linguist Helps Revive an Aboriginal Language
- TANK Vodcast On Philosophy In Schools
- Internet Encylopedia of Philosophy
- Religion and Ethics
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 1 & 2)
- Language and Thought
- Post modernism explained?
- Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller
- Benford's Law
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Lesson History Teaches Is Tragic
- How We Went From ‘Soup Nazis’ to Real Nazis
- What Kind of Problem Is Climate Change?
- Do We Really Understand ‘Fake News’?
- The Beauty of the Ordinary
- Why Are Poor Women Poor?
- Should Work Be Passion, or Duty?
- Don’t Dismiss ‘Safe Spaces’
- Why Philosophers Shouldn’t Sign Petitions
- Dear God, Are You There?
- Dangerous Minds: Nietzsche, Heidegger, & the Return of the Far Right by Ronald Beiner
- News: October/November 2019
- Schopenhauer’s Flight of the Valkyries
- Shelley Matheis’ Cartoon
- Goading Gladiators
- Michel Serres (1930-2019)
- The Mind of Leonardo da Vinci
- Conceptual Origami
- Philosophical Outlook & Mental Well-Being
- Why Do Some People Need Less Sleep? It's in Their DNA
- Happier Babies Have an Edge
- Is Moral Relativism Really a Problem?
- Latitude Adjustment: Distance from the Equator Shapes Our Thinking
- Ancient Teeth Reveal Social Stratification Dates Back to Bronze Age Societies
- How Mere Humans Manage to Comprehend the Vastness of the Universe
- Artificial Intelligence Learns to Talk Back to Bigots
- Sleep Deprivation Shuts Down Production of Essential Brain Proteins
- The Fearful Mind
- It's Time for a World without Gender
- A circular economy for salt that keeps rivers clean | Tina Arrowood
- How family separation at the US-Mexico border affects children's mental health | Luis H. Zayas
- An app that helps incarcerated people stay connected to their families | Marcus Bullock
- How we can eliminate child sexual abuse material from the internet | Julie Cordua
- After billions of years of monotony, the universe is waking up | David Deutsch
- Revelations from a lifetime of dance | Judith Jamison and members of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- What Bruce Lee can teach us about living fully | Shannon Lee
- How we're using DNA tech to help farmers fight crop diseases | Laura Boykin
- A personal plea for humanity at the US-Mexico border | Juan Enriquez
- A radical plan to end plastic waste | Andrew Forrest
October 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3