Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Science and art from Dilbert
- Why would anyone believe the Earth is flat?
- Dilbert on Zeno
- We can’t trust common sense but we can trust science
- What does it mean to think and could a machine ever do it?
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Some useful tips on how to raise an argumentative child
- Working together for critical thinking in schools
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- Watch what you think....
- Theory of Knowledge Web Site
- Pride in the past isn't necessarily a lost cause
- Social Philosophy booklet
- The Scientific Method
- Scientists and Global Warming (Does the analogy hold?)
- IB Philosophy Diploma from 2002
- Ability to Think Scientifically Declines as Kids Grow Up
- Intelligent Design - the Myth of Irreducible Complexity
- Truth Trees booklet
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Political philosophy in the world: A right to be angry
- Political philosophy in the world: Universal norms
- Political philosophy in the world: Rights without borders
- Political philosophy in the world: Global justice
- Political philosophy in the world: Human rights
- Moral diversity
- Noam Chomsky on the hard stuff
- Awe and wonder
- The Refugee Crisis Is Humanity’s Crisis
- Should Everybody Vote?
- The Perils of Being a Black Philosopher
- Is That Even a Thing?
- Philosophizing With Guns
- Socrates, Cynics and Flat-Nailed, Featherless Bipeds
- Is Voting Out of Self-Interest Wrong?
- God Is a Question, Not an Answer
- Exposure: Chernobyl
- The Theater of Violence
- A Patient’s Right to Know
- Nominations & Democracy
- Modern Philosophy
- Is the Republican Party Doomed?
- A Philosopher’s Blog 2015 on Amazon
- Trump & Abortion
- North Carolina’s Anti-Antidiscrimination Law
- Philosophy & My Old Husky IV: Moral Decisions
- Philosophy & My Old Husky III: Experiments & Studies
- Philosophy & My Old Husky II: Difference & Agreement
- Article: Reinventing Social Innovation Contests
- Article: A Networking Approach to Innovation
- Blog: Project Managing Policy Change
- Putting Morality into Public Policy
- Blog: Statues Wanted! New heroes and heroines
- Blog: So just what should we build? A call for evidence
- Article: A portrait of a life
- From Call The Midwife Poplar to the Citizen’s Charter
- The value of nurture
- Autism: Sorting Fact from Fiction
- Psychedelic Therapy and Bad Trips
- How Disgusting Are Other People?
- A Surprising Secret to Raising Smart Kids
- 4 Ways to Be a Better Arguer
- Why Trump and Clinton Voters Won't Switch: It's in Their Brains
- Constructing the Modern Mind
- Controlling Memories with Ultrasound
- When an Itch Goes Viral [Video]
- The Creative Gifts of ADHD
- More Creative Types May Face Concentration Challenges
- Pirates, nurses and other rebel designers | Alice Rawsthorn
- How my son's short life made a lasting difference | Sarah Gray
- How to read the genome and build a human being | Riccardo Sabatini
- A provocative way to finance the fight against climate change | Michael Metcalfe
- Why I put myself in danger to tell the stories of Gaza | Ameera Harouda
- Insightful human portraits made from data | R. Luke DuBois
- A smart loan for people with no credit history (yet) | Shivani Siroya
- Hunting for dinosaurs showed me our place in the universe | Kenneth Lacovara
- A taboo-free way to talk about periods | Aditi Gupta
- We can reprogram life. How to do it wisely | Juan Enriquez
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links