Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- Teaching the nature of science (and keeping students engaged)
- Inductive Reasoning booklet
- Benefits of Collaborative Philosophical Inquiry in Schools
- 1,500 Animal Species Practice Homosexuality
- Female Circumcision: Rite of Passage Or Violation of Rights?
- The Crushing Grip of Reason
- I'll be a Monkey's Uncle - or Nephew, in this case. (A novel appeal to association)
- Truth Tables booklet (deductive logic)
- What does it mean to think and could a machine ever do it?
- Critical Thinking on the Web
- Six 'Uniquely Human' Characteristics Now Found in Animals
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Stories We Tell Ourselves
- Is Humanism Really Humane?
- What Do We Know?
- Looking Death in the Face
- Liberal Zionism in the Age of Trump
- How to Live Without Irony (for Real, This Time)
- Art in a Time of Atrocity
- Can Evolution Have a ‘Higher Purpose’?
- I Am a Dangerous Professor
- Fake News and the Internet Shell Game
- We're Taking You to Bellevue
- U.S. High School Soccer Concussions on the Rise
- The "Bad Is Black" Effect
- Robots, Apps and Brain Scans: New Tools to Help the Autistic Child
- The Road to Pseudoscientific Thinking
- Should You Wear Makeup at Work?
- Autism Risk May Arise from Sex-Specific Traits
- <i>Off-the-Top</i> Is an Off-Broadway Mix of Rap and Neuroscience
- 5 Signs of PTSD
- Nightmares May Signal Increased Risk of Suicide
- How online abuse of women has spiraled out of control | Ashley Judd
- What happens when you have a disease doctors can't diagnose | Jennifer Brea
- If a story moves you, act on it | Sisonke Msimang
- To solve old problems, study new species | Alejandro Sánchez Alvarado
- Meet the inventor of the electronic spreadsheet | Dan Bricklin
- The next step in nanotechnology | George Tulevski
- A better way to talk about love | Mandy Len Catron
- The lies we tell pregnant women | Sofia Jawed-Wessel
- Want kids to learn well? Feed them well | Sam Kass
- The world doesn't need more nuclear weapons | Erika Gregory
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links