Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Do Subatomic Particles have Free Will?
- Scientists and Global Warming (Does the analogy hold?)
- Morality without Religion
- Paradoxes and Their Relevance to Philosophy
- Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight
- Dilbert Confirmation Bias
- Imagining the Tenth Dimension
- Aristotle's Ethics
- How to properly use Ad Hominem attacks
- Allegory of Everything
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Can Torture Ever Be Moral?
- What, To the Black American, Is Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
- What’s Wrong With ‘All Lives Matter’?
- Why Life Is Absurd
- A Postcard From Paris
- Against Invulnerability
- Black Lives: Between Grief and Action
- Should We Believe in Santa Claus?
- Free the Philosophical Beast
- Did Salaita Cross the Line of ‘Civility’?
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Community Venturing – Is it Business Venturing?
- The best candidate will (probably) be disabled
- Heritage Exchange 2014: Forging the next generation of heritage thinking
- Unlocking human capital
- The Secret to Raising Smart Kids
- "Autisms" a More Appropriate Term than "Autism," Geneticists Say
- The Face Is An Entryway to The Self
- Warped Brain Lobes Could Underlie Depression Symptoms
- How to Build a Better Learner
- The Neandertal Mystique
- Book Review: <i>Brain Drain</i>
- Video-Based Intervention Helps Babies at High Risk of Autism
- Control Your Feelings in 5 Stages
- Why Do People Sometimes Give Up Their Dogs?
- TED: Miguel Nicolelis: Brain-to-brain communication has arrived. How we did it - Miguel Nicolelis (2014)
- TED: Morgana Bailey: The danger of hiding who you are - Morgana Bailey (2014)
- TED: Joe Madiath: Better toilets, better life - Joe Madiath (2014)
- TED: Sarah Bergbreiter: Why I make robots the size of a grain of rice - Sarah Bergbreiter (2014)
- TED: Matthieu Ricard: How to let altruism be your guide - Matthieu Ricard (2014)
- TED: Cristina Domenech: Poetry that frees the soul - Cristina Domenech (2014)
- TED: Robert Muggah: How to protect fast-growing cities from failing - Robert Muggah (2014)
- TED: Robert Swan: Let's save the last pristine continent - Robert Swan (2014)
- TED: Navi Radjou: Creative problem-solving in the face of extreme limits - Navi Radjou (2014)
- TED: Tasso Azevedo: Hopeful lessons from the battle to save rainforests - Tasso Azevedo (2014)
CategoriesAssessment Items Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets Critical Thinking Deductive Logic Essay Ethics and Moral Philosophy Media Articles, Cartoons Original Philosophical Texts Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness Philosophy of Religion Philosophy of Science PowerPoints, Video and other Media Resource Collections Resources Social and Political Philosophy Syllabus and Course Outlines Web links