Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Pop Stoicism Misses About Ancient Philosophy
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- News: December 2021 / January 2022
- Guto Dias’ Cartoon
- Simon & Finn
- Benedict de Spinoza (1632-1677)
- Philo of Alexandria (c.20BCE-c.50CE)
- On Philosophy and Philosophers: Unpublished papers, 1960-2000 by Richard Rorty
- A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
- The Happy State
- The Philosopher with a Thousand Faces
- What Is Happiness?
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- Lego Robot with an Organic 'Brain' Learns to Navigate a Maze
- Aha! Moments Pop Up from below the Level of Conscious Awareness
- Schoolkids Are Falling Victim to Disinformation and Conspiracy Fantasies
- Borderline Personality Disorder May Be Rooted in Trauma
- COVID Threatens to Bring a Wave of Hikikomori to America
- Epstein-Barr Virus Found to Trigger Multiple Sclerosis
- New Year's Resolutions Are Notoriously Slippery, but Science Can Help You Keep Them
- What Will 2022 Bring in the Way of Misinformation on Social Media? 3 Experts Weigh In
- Salvador Dali's Creative Secret Is Backed by Science
- People Have Been Having Less Sex--whether They're Teenagers or 40-Somethings
- A different understanding of American patriotism | Deval Patrick
- 4 ways to redefine power at work to include women of color | Rha Goddess and Deepa Purushothaman
- The new reality of fashion is digital | Gala Marija Vrbanic
- Are brain waves the secret to treating Alzheimer's? | Li-Huei Tsai
- What if women built the world they want to see? | Emily Pilloton-Lam
- How to fix broken supply chains | Dustin Burke
- Woolly pigs, high tech and other ingenious ways to take carbon out of the air | Gabrielle Walker
- How "radical hospitality" can change the lives of the formerly incarcerated | Reuben Jonathan Miller
- The unexpected, underwater plant fighting climate change | Carlos M. Duarte
- How to break down barriers and not accept limits | Candace Parker
January 2022 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links