(Uploaded by Katherine Cheng.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- Where should paedophiles live
- Zen in the modern age
- Why You Don’t Know Your Own Mind
- Decartes Evil Demon
- When to lead and when to follow
- Monkeys given Huntington's for study
- Continental bid to remove veil in the face of Islamic extremism
- Post modernism explained?
- Dilbert Confirmation Bias
- Philosophy of Mind Questions
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Donald Trump, Our A.I. President
- The Meaning of Our Confederate ‘Monuments’
- Ai Weiwei: How Censorship Works
- Who Is a ‘Criminal’?
- What ‘Snowflakes’ Get Right About Free Speech
- Has Trump Stolen Philosophy’s Critical Tools?
- Was Bo Diddley a Buddha?
- Who Is the Victim in the Anna Stubblefield Case?
- Our Delight in Destruction
- Trump’s Method, Our Madness
- Acceptable In Amsterdam
- News: June/July 2017
- Philosophy Incarnate
- The Passionate Bertrand Russell
- The Philosophy of Creativity edited by Elliot Paul and Scott Barry Kaufman
- Bertrand Russell on The Value of Philosophy for Life
- Russell Now!
- “To be happy, one must first not be unhappy”
- The Philosopher as Historian
- The Philosopher & The Scientist
- If you want a better world, help people relax
- ‘Good work’ open to all
- A weekend with refugees in Calais
- Wanted: Creativity and Empathy hubs
- Where are the female leaders?
- You can lead a horse to bitesize online content, but can you make it learn?
- Government digital strategy – more politics needed
- The Business of Nudging
- How Smart Citizens live
- Modern employment: legislating fast and slow
- Illustrating Mental Illness
- U.S. Alzheimer's Deaths Jump 54 Percent; More Dying at Home
- Humans Are Not the Only Creatures Who Mourn
- In "Drop Out Club" Doctors Counsel Each Other on Quitting the Field
- For the Illiterate Adult, Learning to Read Produces Enormous Brain Changes
- Virtual Reality May Reveal New Clues About Autism Social Difficulties
- Interviews May Lead Us Astray When Hiring Someone
- When Hatred Goes Viral: Inside Social Media's Efforts to Combat Terrorism
- Special Report: The Psychology of Terrorism
- Are Cats Responsible for "Cat Ladies"?
- How to find a wonderful idea | OK Go
- A secret weapon against Zika and other mosquito-borne diseases | Nina Fedoroff
- This is what democracy looks like | Anthony D. Romero
- Why I speak up about living with epilepsy | Sitawa Wafula
- Poverty isn't a lack of character; it's a lack of cash | Rutger Bregman
- Walking as a revolutionary act of self-care | T. Morgan Dixon and Vanessa Garrison
- Why school should start later for teens | Wendy Troxel
- A climate solution where all sides can win | Ted Halstead
- What makes life worth living in the face of death | Lucy Kalanithi
- 3 principles for creating safer AI | Stuart Russell
May 2017 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4