Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Numbers and Language
- Scientists and Global Warming (Does the analogy hold?)
- Jean-Paul Sartre's notion of Bad Faith
- Hidden Premise
- Philosophy Ideas
- 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense (pdf)
- The Kantian Heritage
- Circular Reasoning
- Philosophy in Senior Schools
- Evidence for consciousness being a brain-wide activity
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Illuminations of Hannah Arendt
- The Pain and Promise of Black Women in Philosophy
- The Philosopher as Bad Dad
- What Religion Gives Us (That Science Can’t)
- Our Broken Trust in Public Space
- What’s So Good About Original Sin?
- This Is Not Just About Junot Díaz
- The Ancient Myth of ‘Good Fences’
- How to Be a Prophet of Doom
- ‘Transparency’ Is the Mother of Fake News
- Type R and Organisational Resilience
- The New Localism: Think Like a System, Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Blockchain platforms can enable good work
- Museum Conservation and 21st Century Education
- Anchors Aweigh: Universities and local industrial strategies
- The Non Sense of Work Life Balance
- The rights of people with a disability are being ignored – what can we do?
- Bringing classical music to a new audience
- The power of creative thinking
- Regulation of AI: Not if but when and how
- Why Our Brains See the World as "Us" Versus "Them"
- Analysis of a Million-Plus Genomes Points to Blurring Lines among Brain Disorders
- Biases Make People Vulnerable to Misinformation Spread by Social Media
- How Facebook Programmed Our Relatives
- Separating Families May Cause Lifelong Health Damage
- Why We Procrastinate and 5 Ways to Stop
- Fat-Carb Combo Is a Potent One-Two Punch
- How Identity, Not Issues, Explains the Partisan Divide
- Could Multiple Personality Disorder Explain Life, the Universe and Everything?
- Numerous Health Problems Burden Young Adults with Autism
- The nightmare videos of children's YouTube -- and what's wrong with the internet today | James Bridle
- Why you should love gross science | Anna Rothschild
- How Netflix changed entertainment -- and where it's headed | Reed Hastings
- How we can bring mental health support to refugees | Essam Daod
- Technology that knows what you're feeling | Poppy Crum
- The surprising science of alpha males | Frans de Waal
- Can home cooking change the world? | Gastón Acurio
- Four billion years of evolution in six minutes | Prosanta Chakrabarty
- How I'm bringing queer pride to my rural village | Katlego Kolanyane-Kesupile
- The incredible potential of flexible, soft robots | Giada Gerboni
June 2018 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 1
Society vs the Family – religious beliefs and medical need
Premature babies refused treatment on religious grounds of parents. Scanned newspaper article. Good for social, ethical (ethics)and religious discussion. Jehovah’s Witness.