(Uploaded by Diane Butler.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- Teaching the nature of science (and keeping students engaged)
- Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller
- Truth Trees booklet
- Philosophy Games
- Teaching how to think is just as important as teaching anything else
- Queensland Philosophy and Reason Syllabus
- Handwriting analysis
- HIV a Hoax? (Onus of proof)
- Homeopathic leak threatens catastrophe
- Post modernism explained?
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- I’m Black. Does America Have a Plan for My Life?
- Why Do Anything? A Meditation on Procrastination
- Who Is ‘Evil,’ and Who Is the Victim?
- Teaching Calvin in California
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required)
- Why We Never Die
- My Parents’ Mixed Messages on the Holocaust
- Love. Labor. Lost.
- Women Who Love Women Aren’t Tragic
- Against ‘Sustainability’
- #NewProf Asks: How do I better engage my undergrads?
- Is Depression Contagious?
- New "Artificial Synapse" Gets Closer to Mimicking Brain Connections
- Stroke Study Sparks Call for Revamping Emergency Care Plan
- Sophisticated Communication from 8-Month-Old Babies
- Spinal Tap Test Gauges Sports Concussion Severity
- 4 Ways to Be a Better Voter
- What Is Anxiety Sensitivity, and Do I Have It?
- Where Words are Stored: The Brain's Meaning Map
- Doglogbook: Dog Good Technology
- How we're harnessing nature's hidden superpowers | Oded Shoseyov
- A visual history of social dance in 25 moves | Camille A. Brown
- The struggles of America's forgotten working class | J.D. Vance
- We can fight terror without sacrificing our rights | Rebecca MacKinnon
- The era of personal DNA testing is here | Sebastian Kraves
- Why open a school? To close a prison | Nadia Lopez
- Why you should know how much your coworkers get paid | David Burkus
- There's no such thing as not voting | Eric Liu
- Why some people are more altruistic than others | Abigail Marsh
- Architecture that's built to heal | Michael Murphy