(Uploaded by Diane Butler.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- Do we live in a simulation?
- Digital Piracy
- Privacy vs Security
- A causal nightmare
- If it’s not right to rape a rapist, how can it be OK to kill a killer?
- The Principle of Sufficient Reason
- The Anchoring Effect
- Misunderstanding Statistics
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Scientific Theory vs Scientific Law
- The Coherentist's Nightmare
- Homeopathic leak threatens catastrophe
- Can Science Save its Soul
- Top Ten Evolution Myths - and how we know it really happened (pdf)
- Atheism as a 'Null Hypothesis'
- Rene Descartes - The Later Years
- Hidden Premise
- Logic, Knowledge Systems and World Views
- 20 Awesomely Untranslatable Words from Around the World
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Getting It Right
- What Can We Do About Climate Change?
- Making It Explicit in Israel
- Molefi Kete Asante: Why Afrocentricity?
- The Conference Manifesto
- Reclaiming the Power of Play
- What’s Wrong With Inequality?
- What, Exactly, Do You Want?
- Kwame Anthony Appiah: The Complexities of Black Folk
- Philosophy Returns to the Real World
- Can Visualizing Your Body Doing Something Help You Learn to Do It Better?
- How to Turn Around Troubled Teens
- On the Horizon: A Magnetic Zap that Strengthens Memory
- Baby Bats Babble through Childhood Like We Do
- Why Honest People Do Dishonest Things
- Intuition May Reveal Where Expertise Resides in the Brain
- How Dogs Became Our Best Friends
- <i>Scientific American MIND</i> Explores the Psychology Behind Keeping Pets
- Could Memory Traces Exist in Cell Bodies?
- Is Nicotine All Bad?
- Chris Burkard: The joy of surfing in ice-cold water
- Esther Perel: Rethinking infidelity ... a talk for anyone who has ever loved
- Steven Wise: Chimps have feelings and thoughts. They should also have rights
- Cosmin Mihaiu: Physical therapy is boring -- play a game instead
- Martine Rothblatt: My daughter, my wife, our robot, and the quest for immortality
- The Lady Lifers: A moving song from women in prison for life
- Roman Mars: Why city flags may be the worst-designed thing you've never noticed
- Elora Hardy: Magical houses, made of bamboo
- Anand Varma: A thrilling look at the first 21 days of a bee’s life
- Dawn Landes: A song for my hero, the woman who rowed into a hurricane