(Uploaded by Diane Butler.)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- How to teach all students to think critically
- Who is ‘you’?
- The 2015 Queensland Philosophy and Reason syllabus
- Are we individual or social creatures?
- The Ethics of Robot Cars
- Free Will and the Genome Project
- Watch what you think….
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Another resource for Fallacies of Reasoning
- Biased sample? Circular reasoning?
- Science and Conspiracy
- The Limits of Imagination
- What use Philosophy?
- Truth Puzzles booklet
- Can We Choose To Believe Something?
- Consciousness - science tackles the self (pdf)
- A Wonderful Piece of Pseudoscience in Advertising
- Crop Circles and the Characteristics of a Good Hypothesis
- Happiness, Philosophy and Science
- Ghost in the Machine
- Heads I Win - A study of persitence of belief by Tim van Gelder
- Tackling the Problem of Free Will
- Straw man fallacy from Dilbert
- Both sides of the debate...
- Introduction to Critical Thinking
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Black Lives: Between Grief and Action
- Should We Believe in Santa Claus?
- Free the Philosophical Beast
- Did Salaita Cross the Line of ‘Civility’?
- Know Thy Self — Really
- White Anxiety and the Futility of Black Hope
- Evolution and the American Myth of the Individual
- When Immigrants Lose Their Human Rights
- Companions in Misery
- Lost in Rawlsland
- Can games technology revive place-making?
- Do politicians need a social licence?
- Is the future of cities smart?
- Ethics in Business
- When it Takes Courage to Talk Sense
- Can we own the news?
- Community Venturing – Is it Business Venturing?
- The best candidate will (probably) be disabled
- Heritage Exchange 2014: Forging the next generation of heritage thinking
- Unlocking human capital
- 28 Santa-Approved Dog Science Articles
- How Would a Psychologist Get in Shape?
- Filling in the _________
- The Messy Minds of Creative People
- How to Beat Winter Blues and Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Santa Traditions Around the World
- It’s Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Christmas: The Neuroscience of Our Nostalgia
- Avoid Backlit Reading Before Bed
- How to Grow Stronger Without Lifting Weights
- The Science of Genius
- TED: Michael Rubinstein: See invisible motion, hear silent sounds. Cool? Creepy? We can't decide - Michael Rubinstein (2014)
- TED: Erin McKean: Go ahead, make up new words! - Erin McKean (2014)
- TED: Mundano: Pimp my ... trash cart? - Mundano (2014)
- TED: Bruno Torturra: Got a smartphone? Start broadcasting - Bruno Torturra (2014)
- TED: Carol Dweck: The power of believing that you can improve - Carol Dweck (2014)
- TED: Jeremy Howard: The wonderful and terrifying implications of computers that can learn - Jeremy Howard (2014)
- TED: Vernā Myers: How to overcome our biases? Walk boldly toward them - Vernā Myers (2014)
- TED: Dave Troy: Social maps that reveal a city's intersections — and separations - Dave Troy (2014)
- TED: Catherine Crump: The small and surprisingly dangerous detail the police track about you - Catherine Crump (2014)
- TED: Thomas Hellum: The world's most boring television ... and why it's hilariously addictive - Thomas Hellum (2014)