Will make for interesting discussion. Scanned newspaper article. Ethics, religion and society.
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Squashed Philosophers
- Valid Arguments, Tautologies and Formal Fallacies (deductive logic)
- The quest for Renassaince Man
- Analysis of Critical Thinking in Climate Science
- Dilbert- Collection of logical fallacies
- Critical Thinking on the Web
- Philosophy of Religion booklet
- Brain science and the search for the self
- Science and Truth
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- Good (and Bad) Ways to Help a Dog Afraid of Fireworks
- How Parents' Trauma Leaves Biological Traces in Children
- A Playbook for Science Denial, 'Scientific Phallocracy' in the Animal Kingdom, and More
- Why Social Media Makes People Unhappy--And Simple Ways to Fix It
- The Kavli Prize Presents: Understanding Neurodevelopment and Neurodegeneration [Sponsored]
- Strawberry Fields
- Behind Every Smile
- Militia Expert Warns Trump's Capitol Insurrectionists Could Try Again
- When Things Feel Unreal, Is That a Delusion or an Insight?
- Why You Can't Remember Being Born: A Look at 'Infantile Amnesia'
- How to alter the perception of mental health care in Russia | Olga Kitaina
- How data-driven journalism illuminates patterns of injustice | Alison Killing
- The blind spots of the green energy transition | Olivia Lazard
- The humans at the center of the US immigration debate | Ali Noorani
- Why healthy soil matters now more than ever | Jane Zelikova
- An invitation to reexamine your familiar world | Gillian Tett
- Why art is a tool for hope | JR
- An interdimensional performance of imagination | Particle Ink
- SpaceX's supersized Starship rocket -- and the future of galactic exploration | Jennifer Heldmann
- Africa's great carbon valley -- and how to end energy poverty | James Irungu Mwangi
July 2022 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31