Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Some important tools of critical thinking
- Top Ten Evolution Myths - and how we know it really happened (pdf)
- Plato and Aristotle from 'The School of Athens'
- 'Thank You for Smoking' clip
- Locke, John - Essay Concerning Human Understanding (Books 1 & 2)
- Science and Conspiracy
- Pope and Darwin
- Conditional Happiness
- Language and Thought
- Does Truth Matter? - Carl Sagan
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What Pop Stoicism Misses About Ancient Philosophy
- Humans Are Animals. Let’s Get Over It.
- Death Has Many Names
- What Would David Bowie Do?
- Are We the Cows of the Future?
- Time Isn’t Supposed to Last This Long
- A.I. and I
- Of Death and Consequences
- I Don’t Want You to ‘Believe’ Me. I Want You to Listen.
- Teaching Racial Justice Isn’t Racial Justice
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- The Olympics without Fans Is Harming Athletes' Performance
- Immune Cells Suggest New Alzheimer's Treatment Possibilities
- How to Raise Kids Who Don't Grow Up to Be Jerks (or Worse)
- New Brain Implant Transmits Full Words from Neural Signals
- The Neuroscience of Taking Turns in a Conversation
- 'Ambiguous Loss' from Miami-Area Condo Collapse Makes Grieving Harder
- We're Fumbling the Return to Physical Offices
- How the Pandemic Roiled the Foster Care System
- It's Not You, It's COVID: Couples Who Blamed Pandemic for Tensions Stayed Happier
- The Quiet after the Storm
- The informal settlements reshaping the world | Jota Samper
- The radical, revolutionary resilience of Black joy | Miracle Jones
- 3 rules for a zero-carbon world | Nigel Topping
- The ancient origins of the Olympics | Armand D'Angour
- Are wild animals really "wild"? | Emma Marris
- How every child can thrive by five | Molly Wright
- The (de)colonizing of beauty | Sasha Sarago
- Why COP26 is our best chance for a greener future | Alok Sharma
- 3 myths about racism that keep the US from progress | Candis Watts Smith
- The missing 96 percent of the universe | Claire Malone
August 2021 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5
Exercises using truth tables or trees for validity worksheet
Worksheet with about a dozen problems requiring testing for validity using truth tables & truth trees, as well as some translating. Deductive Logic.