Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- God and Free Will
- Funny Proofs of God's Existence
- The Skills, Values and Virtues of Inquiry
- Why do humans reason? Arguments for an argumentative theory
- Is there a difference between patriotism & jingoism?
- Nietzsche, Friedrich - Beyond Good and Evil
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- Philosophy of Religion - Problem of Suffering
- Philosophy Rationale
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What if We Could Have Meat Without Murder?
- Montaigne Fled the Plague, and Found Himself
- Policing Is Doing What It Was Meant to Do. That’s the Problem.
- White America Wants Me to Conform. I Won’t Do It.
- Carrie Mae Weems: A Crack in the Cultural Armor
- A Cog in the Machine of Creation
- Where Dance and Fashion Collide
- Five Theses on Creativity
- What Does Art Have to Do With the Coronavirus?
- The Robot Artists Aren’t Coming
- Building bridges from the coast
- From tourists to stewards of nature
- Comforting classics in changing times
- Virtual pleasure and peace in lockdown
- Rebuilding our Cultural Assets post-Covid-19
- What does it mean to be human-centred?
- The (Local) Road to Recovery
- Designing the recovery and beyond
- Is it time for 21st century cathedral thinking?
- A Shadow Pandemic: Covid-19 and Domestic Violence
- Why People Are Toppling Monuments to Racism
- Why Do Smells Trigger Memories?
- Unraveling the Mindset of Victimhood
- Is Brain Stimulation the Key to Athletic Performance?
- How Nature Helps Body and Soul
- Which of These Four Attachment Styles Is Yours?
- Coronavirus Responses Highlight How Humans Have Evolved to Dismiss Facts That Don't Fit Their Worldview
- It Shouldn't Be Taboo to Publish Images of Those Killed by Violence
- The Messenger Is the Message
- Do Not Blame Racism on Nature
- Scenes from a Black trans life | D-L Stewart
- Can beauty open our hearts to difficult conversations? | Titus Kaphar
- How the pandemic will shape the near future | Bill Gates
- The courage to live with radical uncertainty | Shekinah Elmore
- What foods did your ancestors love? | Aparna Pallavi
- Stop being a bystander in your own life | Tracy Edwards
- The trials, tribulations and timeline of a COVID-19 vaccine | Jerome Kim
- How we can build sustainable, equitable cities after the pandemic | Vishaan Chakrabarti
- How women will lead us to freedom, justice and peace | H.E. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
- The beauty and complexity of finding common ground | Matt Trombley
July 2020 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2
- Assessment Items
- Booklets, Handouts and Worksheets
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Logic
- Ethics and Moral Philosophy
- Media Articles, Cartoons
- Original Philosophical Texts
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Mind - Consciousness
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- PowerPoints, Video and other Media
- Resource Collections
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Syllabus and Course Outlines
- Web links