From New Scientist magazine.
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Pick your Cognitive Bias
- Philosophy in Senior Schools
- Hume’s criticism of the design argument
- Peace of Mind: Near-Death Experiences Now Found to Have Scientific Explanations
- Continental bid to remove veil in the face of Islamic extremism
- Philosophy of Religion website
- Language and Thought
- Sweet & sour: Junior Master Chefs
- Philosophy Ideas
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- Presocratic Return
- Harley Schwadron’s Cartoon (1)
- How Do You Change Someone’s Mind?
- Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)
- Metaphysical Animals by Clare Mac Cumhaill & Rachael Wiseman and The Women Are Up to Something by Benjamin Lipscomb
- Don’t Look Up
- Aristotle’s Guide To Living Well
- Daisetsu Suzuki (1870-1966)
- The Song of Ulysses
- The Pandemos
- The Green Corridors Initiative
- Governance governing government
- Why print money when we can print wealth?
- Building a resilient health and care system
- We'll always have Paris?
- Experimentation and equity in global cities
- Technology-enabled deliberative democracy
- Healthier placemaking
- Creating a sovereign wealth fund in Wolverhampton
- Economic recovery and climate action
- If Humans Are the Smartest Animals, Why Are We So Unhappy?
- Forensic Experts Are Surprisingly Good at Telling whether Two Writing Samples Match
- 50, 100 & 150 Years Ago: August 2022
- Unexpected Brain Chemistry Is behind the Element of Surprise
- COVID Virus May Tunnel through Nanotubes from Nose to Brain
- What Keeps a Crowd from Becoming a Mob?
- It Goes by the Name 'Bedtime Procrastination,' and You Can Probably Guess What It Is
- Digital Literacy Doesn't Stop the Spread of Misinformation
- Google Engineer Claims AI Chatbot Is Sentient: Why That Matters
- Why Do Mental Illnesses--From Depression to Schizophrenia--Raise the Risk of Dementia?
- A photographic journey through the Taliban's takeover of Afghanistan | Kiana Hayeri
- How the US fails working parents -- and what they need to thrive | Reshma Saujani
- The US can move past immigration prisons -- and towards justice | César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández
- Could a DAO build the next great city? | Scott Fitsimones
- The future of fashion -- made from mushrooms | Dan Widmaier
- A new understanding of human history and the roots of inequality | David Wengrow
- How schools can nurture every student's genius | Trish Millines Dziko
- Why having fun is the secret to a healthier life | Catherine Price
- How hip-hop can make climate action cool | Samir Ibrahim, MyVerse and Kristen Warren
- A 3-part plan to take on extreme heat waves | Eleni Myrivili
August 2022 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4