Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Plato and Aristotle from ‘The School of Athens’
- Annotated Bibliography example and explanation
- STAQ ppt presentation
- Funny Proofs of God's Existence
- Language and Thought
- Cognitive Dissonance Explained
- Skeptics on Skeptical Thinking - ABC's All In the Mind Transcript And mp3
- The Skills, Values and Virtues of Inquiry
- When to lead and when to follow
- Do home-schooled kids get enough social education?
- Causation booklet
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- What ‘Snowflakes’ Get Right About Free Speech
- Has Trump Stolen Philosophy’s Critical Tools?
- Was Bo Diddley a Buddha?
- Who Is the Victim in the Anna Stubblefield Case?
- Our Delight in Destruction
- Trump’s Method, Our Madness
- What Our Cells Teach Us About a ‘Natural’ Death
- If We Are Not Just Animals, What Are We?
- Our Forger in Chief
- Humans in Dark Times
- Wanted: Creativity and Empathy hubs
- Where are the female leaders?
- You can lead a horse to bitesize online content, but can you make it learn?
- Government digital strategy – more politics needed
- The Business of Nudging
- How Smart Citizens live
- Modern employment: legislating fast and slow
- Place-Based Leadership
- Let the Doers Act
- The power to communicate
- Conspiracy Theorists May Really Just Be Lonely
- How Gut Bacteria Tell Their Hosts What to Eat
- Cross-Cultural Evidence for the Genetics of Homosexuality
- Why Psychiatry Needs Neuroscience
- Killer Cats Bash Biodiversity
- Making Impossible Objects with Mirrors
- Autism's Drug Problem
- The Brain Can Distinguish between Real and Fake Laughter
- Could a Bone Protein Help Shed Pounds?
- Can Anything Stop My Migraine?
- Why the only future worth building includes everyone | His Holiness Pope Francis
- Science in service to the public good | Siddhartha Roy
- How fake news does real harm | Stephanie Busari
- How I learned to read -- and trade stocks -- in prison | Curtis "Wall Street" Carroll
- A doctor's case for medical marijuana | David Casarett
- A video game to cope with grief | Amy Green
- How radio telescopes show us unseen galaxies | Natasha Hurley-Walker
- How do you build a sacred space? | Siamak Hariri
- We should all be feminists | Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- A simple birth kit for mothers in the developing world | Zubaida Bai
April 2017 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Syllabus and Course Outlines
Exploring the relationship between cognitive skills and the values of inquiry. Grey boxes describe student work. This can be used to generate rubrics. CT Matrix
A model for understanding effective thinking through categorising key educational ideas and examining the relationships between them. Skills Values and Virtues of Inquiry
Did you know Queensland has Taught Philosophy and Logic as a senior subject for around 100 years? Here is the new syllabus. Notice the focus on the skill of argumentation. Queensland Senior Philosophy and Reason syllabus
Uploaded by Richard Tweedie.
As delivered to Victorian schools
Uploaded by Sue Knight.
As delivered to Queensland secondary schools.
As delivered in Western Australian schools. New in 2008.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE document