Skeptics presentation (ppt)
Where science meets art. The only necessary and sufficient book store in Melbourne.
Hope our friends enjoy the new look and feel – now optimised for mobile devices for access on the go.
Coordinator: Peter Ellerton
Web guy: Jason Etheridge
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- The power of categorical logic
- What exactly is the scientific method and why do so many people get it wrong?
- Paralympic athletes faster than olympic athletes — what does this tell us about difference?
- Logic: if + then = why? How can we understand the power of logic?
- How do we ensure we are exposed to new ideas? A parody with bite.
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) – What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Can you name this cognitive bias?
- By what measures can we value human life?
- Teaching philosophy improves standardised scores
- Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Neuroscience and education: myths and messages
- Free will is not as free as we think – and that’s ok.
- Where’s the Proof in Pseudoscience?
- Science in the lead?
- Catholic church and abortion/euthanasia/gay marriage
- Ghost in the Machine
- David Papineau on Scientific Realism
- Anarchy is a law unto itself
- A Life of Meaning (Reason Not Required) - What is the nature of our relationship with reason?
- Science and Truth
- Why do humans reason? Arguments for an argumentative theory
- A nice Philosophy of Mind summary
- A causal nightmare
USEFUL RSS FEEDS
- The Perils of Abstraction
- We Don’t Actually Want to Be Happy
- Are You a Moderate? Think Again
- The Toxic Masculinity of the Trump Administration
- The Lesson History Teaches Is Tragic
- How We Went From ‘Soup Nazis’ to Real Nazis
- What Kind of Problem Is Climate Change?
- Do We Really Understand ‘Fake News’?
- The Beauty of the Ordinary
- Why Are Poor Women Poor?
- Dangerous Minds: Nietzsche, Heidegger, & the Return of the Far Right by Ronald Beiner
- News: October/November 2019
- Schopenhauer’s Flight of the Valkyries
- Shelley Matheis’ Cartoon
- Goading Gladiators
- Michel Serres (1930-2019)
- The Mind of Leonardo da Vinci
- Conceptual Origami
- Philosophical Outlook & Mental Well-Being
- A New Way to Think about Mental Illness
- The Greatest Unknown Intellectual of the 19th Century
- Western Individualism Arose from Incest Taboo
- Corruption Is Contagious
- Ranking Rise May Intimidate Opponents
- We All Need to Be Educated about Suicide Prevention
- Familiar Tunes Rapidly Jog the Brain
- New Alzheimer's Therapy Approved in China, Delivering a Surprise but Raising Questions
- Why Negative Emotions Aren't All Bad
- How Research on Working Memory Can Improve Your Romantic Relationship
- How India's local recyclers could solve plastic pollution | Mani Vajipey
- Hope and justice for women who've survived ISIS | Rabiaa El Garani
- A historical musical that examines black identity in the 1901 World's Fair | Amma Y. Ghartey-Tagoe Kootin
- Urban architecture inspired by mountains, clouds and volcanoes | Ma Yansong
- What obligation do social media platforms have to the greater good? | Eli Pariser
- Our immigration conversation is broken -- here's how to have a better one | Paul A. Kramer
- What happens to people in solitary confinement | Laura Rovner
- The Amazon belongs to humanity -- let's protect it together | Tashka and Laura Yawanawá
- What open water swimming taught me about resilience | Bhakti Sharma
- The business case for working with your toughest critics | Bob Langert
November 2019 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 1